Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 12 Snow/ice threat

ORH_wxman

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I've seen some meso's spit out some higher totals too.  Was wondering if it's frontogenesis related as the warm front pushes north.

Yeah in low levels. Some good LL convergence in that area so for a while it could be a little bit of enhancement to the snow. 

18 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I've seen some meso's spit out some higher totals too.  Was wondering if it's frontogenesis related as the warm front pushes north.

There has been a signal of some almost convective like nature of snow (cellular low level stuff) assoc with convergence of SE vs SW winds. That's been on the models for a day now. That's why i said the s coast may get a surprise 1-2" where perhaps they weren't expecting much of anything. Maybe more just inland there into SE MA.

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It was . 4" vs 2"

Yeah I don't know how that makes a model a POS when you are on the line in a front end thump situation.  It's a 2-4" forecast and all models are in that range.  Not sure what else you expect from the models...all showing exactly the same amount?

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I don't know how that makes a model a POS when you are on the line in a front end thump situation.  It's a 2-4" forecast and all models are in that range.  Not sure what else you expect from the models...all showing exactly the same amount?

I would figure 3" and call it a day

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Right now I'd go 1-3 for BOS metro. 2-4 for Rays area down to about Kevin. 3-5 for ORH. And 4-6 for Rt 2 corridor west of FIT. 

Yeah that sounds good, though I haven't looked that hard at the gradient areas other than I think there's a good portion of SNE that could be included in a 1-4" range.

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You think any of it will be left Tuesday AM south of 90?

Yeah I think you'll have something...its been very cold early on so the ground has to be pretty frozen so its not like it'll be melting from the ground up and from the air like some early season events.  Probably something where it melts and falls off the trees but you have something left on the grass and deck.

Archived