Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem!

SR Airglow

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Remember, Jan was toast too. Now Feb. Our only saving grace is a clipper in early March but thats fizzled lately. We can regroup in spring training though and get em next winter. 

LMAO....Some things never change and some people just never get it.....  great post Runnaway...hope that clipper in March works out for us(probably going to be moisture starved for SNE though) cuz Jan and Feb are toast on this second day of winter now.  

Thank goodness for the level headed people in here who give accurate and reasonable info. and not voodoo.  If not for them this place would be another twitter.

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

NNE winter.

We’ll see, but there are definitely areas of NNE that are in line for some recovery to average snowfall eventually, after multiple seasons running below.  Regardless, at least at our site, we’re pretty much just keeping up with average December snowfall at this point, and snowpack is actually below average, so I’m not sure I’m on board with calling anything “NNE winter” yet.  Aren’t most SNE sites at or above average December snowfall already?

2 minutes ago, J.Spin said:

We’ll see, but there are definitely areas of NNE that are in line for some recovery to average snowfall eventually, after multiple seasons running below.  Regardless, at least at our site, we’re pretty much just keeping up with average December snowfall at this point, and snowpack is actually below average, so I’m not sure I’m on board with calling anything “NNE winter” yet.  Aren’t most SNE sites at or above average December snowfall already?

Well I don't mean to take it too literally of course, just in a relative sense up to this point.  As far as the numbers go, I think western ma up into srn VT and srn NH are AN in snow and BN in temps. I believe ORH is also a bit snowier than normal so far this month.  

1 minute ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Looks like everyone concurs on NYE storm potential is the real deal.

It's 9 days out so I wouldn't get too carried away. It is just that there's some potential with a decent high in place but that could change...and not to be a downer, but still probably a hostile look for cape cod. 

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Well I don't mean to take it too literally of course, just in a relative sense up to this point.  As far as the numbers go, I think western ma up into srn VT and srn NH are AN in snow and BN in temps. I believe ORH is also a bit snowier than normal so far this month.  

I'd include western MA with respect to Mitch's area west of the Berks AN as they got that nice upsloping stuff earlier in the month.  I'd put the east side in the close to normal area.  That said, this area might be doing better than the west side with OTG given our retention last weekend.

I'm still keeping hope alive for something other than rain on Saturday.

33 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I'd include western MA with respect to Mitch's area west of the Berks AN as they got that nice upsloping stuff earlier in the month.  I'd put the east side in the close to normal area.  That said, this area might be doing better than the west side with OTG given our retention last weekend.

I'm still keeping hope alive for something other than rain on Saturday.

If you are getting close to 24" on the season, then you are solidly above normal for the season.

22 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

That seems like a better number for that area. I know it is in a valley, but they get the latitude going for them

Yeah and they also get some spill over from LE bands too. He doesn't get as shadowed like further south in the CT valley because his is a more narrow type valley and he's tucked in west of the main CT valley. 

Archived