joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem!

SR Airglow

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GFS and NAM are drier than RGEM but they have trended south in the past couple runs. The NAM actually has some decent omega in the pike region, but just doesn't spit out the qpf due to some dry air in the lower mid-levels....RGEM is further south with this dry air.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It's kind of an ugly system...even CNE is mostly rain until you get north of CON-IZG and well inland from coastal Maine.

Yea, I don't have much hope....but hopefully if it digs a bit more, than at least a few more folks up north of here can pull off a xmas miracle.

I'll take the wet-hit.

We have had more than our share in recent seasons.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, I don't have much hope....but hopefully if it digs a bit more, than at least a few more folks up north of here can pull off a xmas miracle.

I'll take the wet hit.

Our better bet for a White Xmas is to pull off a couple inches tomorrow and keep Xmas Eve mostly a dry FROPA where temps don't get out of the mid/upper 30s. But we'll see...not impossible for Xmas Eve to trend a bit colder, but I'd rather see the flow more easterly instead of strong southerly/southwest

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Our better bet for a White Xmas is to pull off a couple inches tomorrow and keep Xmas Eve mostly a dry FROPA where temps don't get out of the mid/upper 30s. But we'll see...not impossible for Xmas Eve to trend a bit colder, but I'd rather see the flow more easterly instead of strong southerly/southwest

Yes.

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Xmas is far from torchy in New England it seems.

Sneaky Scooter high...pretty big temp gradient...could be low to mid 30s in BOS while it's 10F warmer in NYC and 15F warmer in DC...meanwhile deep winter up north...BTV region could struggle to get above 20F.

Archived