Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem!

SR Airglow

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

No, that was Xmas day. The only Xmas eve snows in SNE that I can recall in the past 3 decades is SE MA/RI in 1998...was a clean whiff in ORH...think BOS may have gotten a little. The Cape jackpotted with about 8-10"

Wow seriously that long since measurable snow fell on Christmas Eve? Man I am going to rout for you guys. That is a huge drought. You deserve to get something.

17 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

No, that was Xmas day. The only Xmas eve snows in SNE that I can recall in the past 3 decades is SE MA/RI in 1998...was a clean whiff in ORH...think BOS may have gotten a little. The Cape jackpotted with about 8-10"

1983 from a ULL. it was a magical puff snow. We were all eating in my parents downstairs finished basement, about 25 people when my 5 year old son went up stairs and screamed its snowing, literally everyone rushed upstairs to look. Never forget that about 3 inches of pure arctic fluff

17 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

1983 from a ULL. it was a magical puff snow. We were all eating in my parents downstairs finished basement, about 25 people when my 5 year old son went up stairs and screamed its snowing, literally everyone rushed upstairs to look. Never forget that about 3 inches of pure arctic fluff

I recall that somewhat. But i think it was more 1-2"

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Snowed late xmas eve in CT in 2012...was driving home that evening around 11:00 pm and it was snowing good...not much accumulations(just a coating on roads and grass), but snowing nonetheless.  I was irritated cuz I had washed my truck earlier that day, and it got quite soiled on the way home cuz of the snow.  

You city folk and your pristine oversized SUVs

39 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I seem to remember it snowing Christmas Day (later in the day) that year. Pretty fierce storm iirc

Will would know

Best Christmas ever for me, haha.

Christmas Day 2002 saw 20" fall during the afternoon and evening with a super band of 3-6"/hr snows rotating through the Albany area where I lived at the time.  It snowed a bit more after midnight on the 26th for a storm total of like 22-23" IIRC.

Nothing like Christmas Dinner while it dumps 2-3"/hr and then going out at 10pm to shovel the driveway with 18" down and still puking ....really puts one in the Christmas spirit haha.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Lol yea 15 Colorado ,just bustin. Trade off for snow would be worth it though

Lol yea I remember you saying you had one(was one of your avatar's if I remember correctly), I have 15 Sierra too.  Trade off would be well worth it if it's enough to cover the ground completely(a couple inches).  But when it's just enough to mess everything up, then let it not happen in my opinion.

46 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I seem to remember it snowing Christmas Day (later in the day) that year. Pretty fierce storm iirc

Will would know

It was snowing here Christmas Eve theb turned to rain Christmas morning then back to heavy snow Christmas afternoon. Nice surprise. 5 inches.

4 minutes ago, amarshall said:

Where could you find a historical record?

Also a member of the GMC Sierra Club. Got a leveling kit put on yesterday.

Chances you are remembering the same 1983 system. There was really nothing else on that date in the 1980s.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Best Christmas ever for me, haha.

Christmas Day 2002 saw 20" fall during the afternoon and evening with a super band of 3-6"/hr snows rotating through the Albany area where I lived at the time.  It snowed a bit more after midnight on the 26th for a storm total of like 22-23" IIRC.

Nothing like Christmas Dinner while it dumps 2-3"/hr and then going out at 10pm to shovel the driveway with 18" down and still puking ....really puts one in the Christmas spirit haha.

That was a special one for interior folk, even down to nyc got in on the backside fun. 2.jpg

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yup. That fits my memory.  I drove from Foxboro back to here   Pretty nasty at the start then it cleared out near Bolton

Archived