joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem!

SR Airglow

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be really happy if I get an inch tomorrow morning and if I get 2 inches that will be a victory. In terms of the longer-range it is hard to trust anything these days as it seems to change more quickly than prior years. Although maybe that's just a confirmation bias. But it doesn't look like we're going to get a big warm-up, at least up here although the trends seem to be for Monday and Tuesday to be wetter versus frozen even appear. But then after that who knows? 

I am starting to wonder whether we might have a shot at a more significant larger snowstorm sometime towards the new year. I think the cold front moves through on Tuesday and the air is cold but not bitter, and a front hangs up in the southeast as the Southeast Ridge is diminished but not gone. If that little bit of positive PNA which has been shown on some models I believe , develops, then perhaps we get a Miller B along the coast? 

It's nice to see mood flakes for Christmas Eve. I'm right at about 1" OTG. I took a ride out to Springfield, MA on Monday. West of about Charlton has got much more cover than I do. Even Springfield and towns in the valley were at about 2-4" of solid pack/man snow.

It's also encouraging to see the colder pattern developing. Up at Campton Mountain, they've got to make the decision on whether to open for the season. It all comes down to pulling the trigger on a $10k insurance policy. Not quite enough natural snow to open, but with the nickel and dime opportunities (where they've been getting a lot more snow than around here) it may be possible and now at least Monday's possible cutter could possibly begin and end with some frozen.

9 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

That may be the definition, but for me, a white Christmas is the one where it's actually snowing on Christmas Eve and/or Christmas Day.

I think there is a white Christmas which means 1" or more on the ground. Pretty standard. Then there is a perfect white Christmas which means snow otg and in the air. 

We were lucky enough to have one here in 2013. It snowed Christmas eve to about 3". Then it started snowing again Christmas day before dawn and amounted to 4 additional inches. I had to drive my gf to the airport that morning so she could get home to see her family. The roads were crap but it sure was pretty out.

2 minutes ago, Hazey said:

I think there is a white Christmas which means 1" or more on the ground. Pretty standard. Then there is a perfect white Christmas which means snow otg and in the air. 

We were lucky enough to have one here in 2013. It snowed Christmas eve to about 3". Then it started snowing again Christmas day before dawn and amounted to 4 additional inches. I had to drive my gf to the airport that morning so she could get home to see her family. The roads were crap but it sure was pretty out.

Perfect.

Up to 31.6 at the Pit.  About to break freezing for the first time since the few hours thaw on Sunday afternoon.

Archived