Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem!

SR Airglow

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CoastalWx said:

I'm skeptical of that. Anytime models have shown that, it's gone more positive. That's how I'd lean for now. Pacific looks good.

NAO has been largely voodoo since 2013...except some brief appearances (like mid January last year)

Nothing like a long duration event. In the minority, I'm sure, but I'd take 2 feet spread out over three days of 8 inches each over a 12 hour hit. Its a lot less impressive in terms of weather, but great for mood if you're the type who likes long snow falls. Of course four feet spread over four days would be seriously cool, too.

12 minutes ago, J Paul Gordon said:

Nothing like a long duration event. In the minority, I'm sure, but I'd take 2 feet spread out over three days of 8 inches each over a 12 hour hit. Its a lot less impressive in terms of weather, but great for mood if you're the type who likes long snow falls. Of course four feet spread over four days would be seriously cool, too.

I would too. Nothing better than days and days of accumulating snow where it just doesn't stop. Better than a 12 hour storm of 12 inches that mostly falls while folks are asleep 

4 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Well I don't mean to take it too literally of course, just in a relative sense up to this point.  As far as the numbers go, I think western ma up into srn VT and srn NH are AN in snow and BN in temps. I believe ORH is also a bit snowier than normal so far this month.  

Big 4 are above normal except for PVD, but BOS is basically a few tenths from normal. Of course BDL is the highest above normal so far.

5 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

EPS is pretty warm, but kinda surprising with AK ridge? 

Prob because it is initially digging a trough in the west...so it keeps the cold more centered in the western plains and Canada...but at the very end it is finally moving east. Wouldn't shock me though if some of that verified colder if that ridge placement holds steady.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Prob because it is initially digging a trough in the west...so it keeps the cold more centered in the western plains and Canada...but at the very end it is finally moving east. Wouldn't shock me though if some of that verified colder if that ridge placement holds steady.

it will did this earlier this month, day 9 is indication with -13 850s on a mean

Archived