Newest Member
    joxey
December pattern/forecast thread

weathafella

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I know model consistency rarely exists for a pattern change to colder norms, but honestly three major models disagree totally on the pattern in place for December 5th.

The pattern change seems to be going along with climo norms, at least as it is depicted on some guidance.

NNE chances will increase over the next few weeks (as you would expect, and as it should be in a normal progression).

I sympathize with your enthusiasm, we all love snow. You are in a tough spot though. Living on the outer cape puts you in essentially the worst snow odds of anyone participating in this forum. Anything meaningful before the turn of the new year should be considered a major victory given all the factors working against you (mainly the Atlantic)

2 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

The pattern change seems to be going along with climo norms, at least as it is depicted on some guidance.

NNE chances will increase over the next few weeks (as you would expect, and as it should be in a normal progression).

I sympathize with your enthusiasm, we all love snow. You are in a tough spot though. Living on the outer cape puts you in essentially the worst snow odds of anyone participating in this forum. Anything meaningful before the turn of the new year should be considered a major victory given all the factors working against you (mainly the Atlantic)

No....se CT is worse.

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

#OTD in 1921 - New England was in the midst of a 4 day ice storm, their worst of record. Ice was 3"  thick in many places. #wxhistory https://t.co/hRi0zrz3H9

IMG_20161128_111840.jpg

What we wouldn't give for that to happen today. I saw that this morning. Wonder how widespread that was. #wishwewerethere

Euro is still really close to a pasting for the Wildcat-SR-Sugarloaf corridor on Thursday. It's been ticking north a hair each run with the southern extent of the snow line while the GFS has held pretty steady, but there's still a decent difference between the two. Seems like NWS is basically discounting the Euro, but I wouldn't be so quick to do so considering the GFS's record with temps and the tendency for models to underestimate cold air placement with a wedging high.

Archived