Newest Member
    CHSVol
December pattern/forecast thread

weathafella

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, weathafella said:

Not in December but it did snow enough.   The deep cold 0F storm was January I think.

Jan 2-3, 2014 was the snowstorm where it was below 0F in the interior and near 0 at BOS. 

Anyways, this pattern won't be like that but it should provide a good backdrop for chances. But obviously we won't know any details until closer. We can still get a torching cutter in that pattern but it is just less likely than in other patterns. 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There was a Saturday storm that we drove to a Xmas party in town and it was 8 degrees and snowing. It was a front ender swfe though 

Exactly...I had a party too and I remember my truck temp gauge reading 7 degrees and it was snowing...arctic sand here...but snowing nonetheless! 

11 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Exactly...I had a party too and I remember my truck temp gauge reading 7 degrees and it was snowing...arctic sand here...but snowing nonetheless! 

As I recall there was a big gradient /coastal front where it was like 24 at BOS but single digits interior. Eventually we rose to near freezing as it ended as ice I believe .. and was followed by a thaw 

22 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Jan 2-3, 2014 was the snowstorm where it was below 0F in the interior and near 0 at BOS. 

Anyways, this pattern won't be like that but it should provide a good backdrop for chances. But obviously we won't know any details until closer. We can still get a torching cutter in that pattern but it is just less likely than in other patterns. 

Was that the one where someone up near Cape Ann got crushed under an OES fluffbomb? Like 30" of pixie dust if I recall. That was a cool storm. 

15 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

WPC doesn't seem to like the euro it seems

It's def the coldest model. GGEM is more toward euro but not all the way. 

A blend is usually the way to go. It's not overly common for one model to be 100% dead nuts accurate. 

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It's def the coldest model. GGEM is more toward euro but not all the way. 

A blend is usually the way to go. It's not overly common for one model to be 100% dead nuts accurate. 

They've been saying that the GFS has been so consistent in keeping the UL back in the SW, that they are giving it more credence than the Euro.  Odd, because it used to be the Euro that held energy back in the SW for too long.  I guess the new version doesn't have that bias.

4 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Rays  Christmas is early this year, just sayin

Why do you always hold onto any comment that can be remotely construed as something other than pro cold/snow for dear life?

Damn strange.

All I said was something to the effect that we may very well have to wait until around xmas time to see much in the way of snowfall...at least on the cp.

That is climo....the very same climo that you have been advocating for all autumn long.

Anyway, that is pretty realistic....even after one favorable day 10 euro run...which I don't care enough about to even venture a gander.

Archived