joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2016 Discussions/Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must have been quite a change with the models overnight with regards to temperatures for this coming weekend. Both Mt.Holly and Upton had mid 90's on Friday and mid to upper 90's Saturday and Sunday on yesterdays afternoon zone forecast, now both they have dropped high temps to the low 90's for all three days with this mornings zone forecast. I was kind of surprised to see that to be honest since the heat for this coming weekend has really been touted the last couple of days.

1 hour ago, Rtd208 said:

Must have been quite a change with the models overnight with regards to temperatures for this coming weekend. Both Mt.Holly and Upton had mid 90's on Friday and mid to upper 90's Saturday and Sunday on yesterdays afternoon zone forecast, now both they have dropped high temps to the low 90's for all three days with this mornings zone forecast. I was kind of surprised to see that to be honest since the heat for this coming weekend has really been touted the last couple of days.

Last night's Euro had 2m temp anomalies that were not that bad for our immediate area. The +10 anomalies were positioned well west and southwest of the area with another max in eastern New England. 

The tristate was mostly between +3 and +7 for Sunday and between +2 to +6 for Monday. 

1 hour ago, Rtd208 said:

GFS drops a backdoor to NYC or so Friday night before it drifts back north Sunday.   Is it correct?  Seasonal trend would however argue the heat is south and west as it's had a hard time getting to our area and having any staying power beyond a day or two.

35 minutes ago, Sundog said:

Last night's Euro had 2m temp anomalies that were not that bad for our immediate area. The +10 anomalies were positioned well west and southwest of the area with another max in eastern New England. 

The tristate was mostly between +3 and +7 for Sunday and between +2 to +6 for Monday. 

The raw 2m T's were 92..95..97..95 for Newark from Friday through Monday.

850's get warmer near 20C than the 18C which sent LGA to 97 yesterday.

So it's all about how much convection and convective debris is around as to whether the temps can max out.

The Euro had a 96 for Newark yesterday and LGA wound up beating that by one with the 97.

11 minutes ago, winterwarlock said:

I think its prudent to start lower unless the signal is really strong and adjust higher as we get closer. We know its going to be hot and in the low 90s so start there and hopefully move up from there to mid to upper 90s in the normal toastier locations

the tarmacs at EWR and LGA will almost certainly roast.  95+

1 hour ago, Rtd208 said:

Overall, we haven't done to bad lately, while the core of the heat has been further west we have had quite a bit of low to mid 90's in our area recently. This weekend and possibly into early next week looks to continue that at the very least.

I will take the low 90's with the storms we been getting the rest of the summer. No use for that heat and brown lawns 

1 hour ago, Michael05192016 said:

In my opinion, August 2016 looks quite cool and wet on the CFS. See for yourselves. This really might be it. GEFS also looks much cooler at last 5 days of the run.  The trough is looking to get much stronger in the Northeast in long range.  

At this point you must be trolling. You declared summer over in June and said nobody north east of NY would hit 90. Boston hit 96 the other day. Islip has hit 90 3 times. 

Stop already. 

35 minutes ago, NortheastPAWx said:

But Mike#s told us summer was over.

He was a big fan of June and July 2009... so I think that he was hoping for a low cooling bill special . In any event, summer heat has become the new normal

just like snowy winters. Only 3 below normal temperature summers at LGA since 2001 and 4 below normal snowfall seasons  around the area.

July Departures 

EWR:

2015: +1.6
2014: -0.3
2013: +3.5
2012: +3.5
2011: +5.3
2010: +4.9
2009: -3.1
2008: +1.4
2007: -1.4
2006: +2.1