Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2016 Discussions/Observations

Rtd208

1 hour ago, Brian5671 said:

we had it too-felt nice.  It stopped as soon as the sun set and it's now sticky 75/67-AC back on.

It was a roaring wind at the beach. Gusts to 30. Fairly calm/nice at my home about 4-5 miles north of the water, but right on the beach it was a sandblast early evening. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, tdp146 said:

It was a roaring wind at the beach. Gusts to 30. Fairly calm/nice at my home about 4-5 miles north of the water, but right on the beach it was a sandblast early evening. 

Same here in lower Manhattan.  We were probably gusting 25-30 off the water.

5 hours ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

Summer is peaking the next few days and all of sudden you got the GFS 18z at 380hrs showing signs of almost fall. Which is great the earlier the winter gets here the better.

I believe the oranges and reds indicate foliage color. 

image.png

7 hours ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:
7 hours ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

Summer is peaking the next few days and all of sudden you got the GFS 18z at 380hrs showing signs of almost fall. Which is great the earlier the winter gets here the better.

You serious?  The GFS 300 hour?  LOL.   Next run it could show extreme heat.  Never use the OP past 5 days or so.  Ensembles.

8 hours ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

I saw the 500 hour prog on the 9z GFS and the heat returns. Fall cancel.

1 hour ago, winterwarlock said:

91 yesterday imby kicking off this glorious longest heatwave of the season. This is the equivalent of a big snow event for me. Come on people this board is dead. Lets discuss the heat

let's get some severe storms out of the heat.  Then we'll talk.

1 hour ago, ForestHillWx said:

Latest model runs seem to indicate peak heat being Sunday/Monday/Tuesday as opposed to today and tomorrow. There seemed to be some "sagginess" in those isobars coming from the north/east. We shall see.

Not as severe as the saggy baggy jeans and those massive tall tees that sometimes appear in the city. Stay safe in the heat. I was wrong, summer is not over!!! 

Archived