joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Banter

mappy

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's been a rough go of it if you're in any spring leagues.  i'm in a saturday football league...haven't had a game since the last week of april due to soggy fields or just flat out rain.  my sunday softball league has had a similar fate.  today is looking dicey as well.

it's been a rough go of it if you're in any spring leagues. i'm in a saturday football league...haven't had a game since the last week of april due to soggy fields or just flat out rain. my sunday softball league has had a similar fate. today is looking dicey as well.

Same story for my Saturday morning car shows...

Sunday is starting to sound fun. Bob Chill, you ready to do some hardcore crabbing? Chasing waterspout wedges and Jumbos.

I haven't been following the forum much so late reply. Damn right I'm ready to crab. Weekdays are preferred but flexible for sure. I've been crazy busy with work lately. I'm glad it's not snow season. Lol

Crabbing is off to a hot start from what I've heard. I'm dying to pick a dozen or 10.

I haven't been following the forum much so late reply. Damn right I'm ready to crab. Weekdays are preferred but flexible for sure. I've been crazy busy with work lately. I'm glad it's not snow season. Lol

Crabbing is off to a hot start from what I've heard. I'm dying to pick a dozen or 10.

Right on.. I totally understand. We'll get something together here this season.

Right on.. I totally understand. We'll get something together here this season.

Have you been out yet? I am just finishing up my new trot line with the easy opening snoods, and do I wish I had built it sooner. So much easier.

I'd like to go out and give it a try tomorrow afternoon but I should finish up something for work.

Camped at Big Meadows in Shenandoah NP last night.  Weather was beautiful, but wow did it get windy overnight!  Had to have been gusting to 40mph last night and today up on the ridge tops.  Saw a black bear for the first time yesterday. 

Camped at Big Meadows in Shenandoah NP last night.  Weather was beautiful, but wow did it get windy overnight!  Had to have been gusting to 40mph last night and today up on the ridge tops.  Saw a black bear for the first time yesterday. 

I can only imagine how bad the wind was on the ridges, but congrats on the black bear sighting!  Did the kids see it too?

I can only imagine how bad the wind was on the ridges, but congrats on the black bear sighting!  Did the kids see it too?

Wind woke me up several times last night.  I was worried the tent stakes were going to come up! 

Yes, the kids saw it too.  We actually saw it on the short "Junior Ranger" hike and were probably only 300-400 yards away from the visitor's center.  It was only ~50 feet off the trail. 

It was a beautiful morning on the Chesapeake. Lots of crabs!! That wind was really weird today. It would gust and blow for a few minutes, then go almost calm for a while. Then it became steady later in the day. Absolutely beautiful evening out there.

Edit: it's so nice outside, it's almost kinda weird. It's Hawaii nice.

Dat wind yesterday was nice to have but ridic at times.  Made it very tough for the soccer games my kids were in.  But they managed.

Runners up for my daughter in her first playoffs ever

League champs for my son after playing twice in one day.  2nd championship in 3 years.  They play so well as a team it gonna be sad that this was the last one as the kids now go off to HS.

The relative dryness of the last couple weeks hasn't affected things at all at my house. Garden looks great and the lawn is plenty green.

same. grass is green and garden is thriving -- except for the bunnies who keep eating my cucumber sprouts. I plant seeds, they sprout, then they vanish. wash rinse repeat. 

The relative dryness of the last couple weeks hasn't affected things at all at my house. Garden looks great and the lawn is plenty green.

It is mostly the tree/bushes that we've just planted.  The subsurface is doing well, but for anything that doesn't have a root system established the dry is have an impact.  Our three red twig dogwood bushes that went in this year are wilting after 4 or 5 days without water.

Archived