joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Banter

mappy

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for cucumbers, we have a ton of chipmunks this year, and they've been destroying seedlings and some small transplants. Luckily, we don't have any deer that venture up into our neighborhood - they all stay in the woods that are about 100 yards away. I feel for the garden-type folks along those woods because deer would crush them.

We also have rabbits here this year (first time my original-owner neighbor has seen them in the neighborhood since he moved in in 1972). We need a few more foxes to take care of that issue...

i gave up on the cucumbers. every seed i planted, the rabbits ate the sprouts, even when i tried to cover/protect them.

my dogs aren't doing a good enough job chasing the rabbits out of the yard. 

Seriously. My daughter is past that stage - at 3.5 years old, she's just a hellion now!

Oh good, glad it's not just mine.

Does yours scold you, points her finger at you, tells you that you dont listen to HER, then stomps away all dramatically like the world is coming to an end? 

Oh good, glad it's not just mine.

Does yours scold you, points her finger at you, tells you that you dont listen to HER, then stomps away all dramatically like the world is coming to an end? 

Pretty much!

She likes to scrunch her face up and scold us, but a lot of times she's just playing. If she starts really acting up and trying to exert herself, then I just lay down the law and tell her that I make the rules and she has to follow them. She tries to protest, but she eventually relents!

The big thing she does right now when she's being pissy is say "I. Don't. Love. YOU!" or "I love Mama/Dada more than you." The other day, I said "Fine, then I don't love you either." Mean as hell, but it worked. She quickly ran over and said "I love you" really loud and gave me a big hug (so I said it back). :lol:

She is definitely a drama queen, though. She sometimes gets herself all worked up because she starts believing drama that she creates - that's just a disaster to get her to calm down because she's convinced of that drama, and there's almost so rationalizing with her! :lol:

Pretty much!

She likes to scrunch her face up and scold us, but a lot of times she's just playing. If she starts really acting up and trying to exert herself, then I just lay down the law and tell her that I make the rules and she has to follow them. She tries to protest, but she eventually relents!

The big thing she does right now when she's being pissy is say "I. Don't. Love. YOU!" or "I love Mama/Dada more than you." The other day, I said "Fine, then I don't love you either." Mean as hell, but it worked. She quickly ran over and said "I love you" really loud and gave me a big hug (so I said it back). :lol:

She is definitely a drama queen, though. She sometimes gets herself all worked up because she starts believing drama that she creates - that's just a disaster to get her to calm down because she's convinced of that drama, and there's almost so rationalizing with her! :lol:

oh wow. yeah, haven't experienced the whole "i dont love you" thing. its just the finger shaking and scolding that we don't listen to her. Really kind of hilarious, and takes a lot for us not to laugh at her when she does it. 

Archived