• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    davisinstruments
    Newest Member
    davisinstruments
mappy

June 2016 Obs/Disc

I was going to post about wondering how long it would be before somebody found a way to gripe about upper 60's/low 70's and sunny in June but I see it has already happened.

Its just too cold. And breezy. I would much rather be sweating like a pig while hiking.

Its just too cold. And breezy. I would much rather be sweating like a pig while hiking.

Remember a couple of years ago when somebody was complaining that it was too dry on days like this and he had to keep his bottle of water with him wherever he went?

line of showers on the front approaching from the northwest.   given the ambient wind fields, I would expect the line to be extremely gusty, even if it's low-topped stuff without any lightning

Weird, radar says the 'storm' is right over us, but barely even getting a light drizzle. I guess getting pretty much virga'd in June is good practice for the winter haha

Same on the Balt. City/AA Co line. Could count the drops of rain that hit the windows.

My husband was home when it came through, said it was equal to Saturday in terms of wind. Was quicker though, not much rain, no T&L. Said he only saw a few branches down on his way south to work shortly thereafter. 

Guess it got worse after it passed Parkton into Hartford county, lots of downed tree reports on SPC. 

We have been doing really well the last few years with these random cold anomalies. Perfect weather day for outdoor activities except swimming in my book. Too bad I am working.

Yeah, and there is the unfortunate part of this.  By the time Saturday rolls around, 90F again.  Another BBQ this weekend, another sweat bath.  

Great evening to mow.