• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mansour
    Newest Member
    mansour
mappy

June 2016 Obs/Disc

Kids summer swim season got started last night.  pool water was a bit chilly but days like today will help warm it up

The only good thing about June 1st is we are one day closer to winter than we were yesterday.

86F and nasty outside in Clarksburg.

come on, let me enjoy summer before discussing winter ;) 

Are you saying you don't like wearing four layers, darkness at 4pm, and chasing digital snow?

Totally inappropriate ;)

You need to wear 4 layers for DC winters?  How did you ever live up north?  

:shiver:

Are you saying you don't like wearing four layers, darkness at 4pm, and chasing digital snow?

Totally inappropriate ;)

not if i can help it :P

You need to wear 4 layers for DC winters?  How did you ever live up north?  

:shiver:

:lol:

I like things warm. I wear a minimum of two layers during winter, even during +20 days, and add as needed. I suit up like I'm heading into a potentially lethal environment to spend extended time outside during winter weather events. 

post-9730-0-20706400-1464813682_thumb.jp

Four layers?

I don't even own a winter jacket.

Alright, I'm calling shenanigans. 

giphy.gif

You mean to tell me that you and some of these other folks walk outside barely clothed during deep winter?

Four layers?

I don't even own a winter jacket.

I haven't worn a coat at work ever, and I'm a courior for fe&*x lol

Kinda tropical feeling out here. Nice refreshing breeze and a temperature of 78. It doesn't get much nicer then that on the first day of June.

I haven't worn a coat at work ever, and I'm a courior for fe&*x lol

Kinda tropical feeling out here. Nice refreshing breeze and a temperature of 78. It doesn't get much nicer then that on the first day of June.

This is why I love the MA. Y'all kill me with this stuff :P

Yes, I happily go to work in a windbreaker even when it's 10 degrees.  I'm never outside long enough to be cold.  And if I am outside long enough, it's because I'm shoveling snow and that isn't going to make me cold either.

:lol:

I like things warm. I wear a minimum of two layers during winter, even during +20 days, and add as needed. I suit up like I'm heading into a potentially lethal environment to spend extended time outside during winter weather events. 

attachicon.gifsuit up.jpg

Do you have a brother named Ralphie?

Already 87F, blown past yet another forecasted high and certain to reach another +10F departure for the 8th day in a row.

Yep.  High of 89F  8 in a row.

Going to be a miserably hot 3-month stretch.

Yes, I happily go to work in a windbreaker even when it's 10 degrees.  I'm never outside long enough to be cold.  And if I am outside long enough, it's because I'm shoveling snow and that isn't going to make me cold either.

Haha that's awesome. Don't get me wrong, I actively pull for epic cold, but my body (especially fingers and toes) have come to be increasingly incapable of handling it for long periods. I guess it's no different from me being ok in really hot temps. 

Agreed about shoveling snow. I'll break out in summer attire when I'm getting that kind of workout. 

Do you have a brother named Ralphie?

That went way over my head brother.

Some of you people are all Phil Collins like.  See if you get that reference.

Need to get the grass cut before any storms pop today and the next few.  P cool seeing the low cloud deck break in places this morning.

I'm with WxWatcher007 on this. I have horrendously cold hands and feet and they don't feel normal until it hits at least 75 in the sun, preferably 80+. The benefit of this is that I never really get THAT hot since I run cold. The downside is this is my hands and feet get ice cold, even in room temperature INDOORS.

My pediatrician at the time said it's just the way my body is, and it isn't medically concerning.