Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
21st Century Banter Thread

jburns

32 minutes ago, NWNC2015 said:

I didn't bash them I expressed my concerns and offered to contact them via web survey studies. The NHC is great. The cone philosophy is political correctness. 

The cone is simply a visual representation of the average forecasting error as the lead time grows.  Nothing more, nothing less. Stop trying to find complicated explanations for simple things.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Mr Burns how can I post pics to here from my cellphone?  Thanks in advance. 

Can you just email them to your email acct at home then download them and then attach them?  you may have to use Taptalk i think it is called to do that from your phone, im not 100% on that though. I rarely use my phone to surf AMX lol

1 minute ago, Avdave said:

Can you just email them to your email acct at home then download them and then attach them?  you may have to use Taptalk i think it is called to do that from your phone, im not 100% on that though. I rarely use my phone to surf AMX lol

Lol that's all I use currently.  Thanks for the info Dave. Ill give it a go. 

2 hours ago, jburns said:

I never go that route so I have no idea.  I store anything I want to post on a photo site and link through that.

To expand on this reply:

Method #1 using phone + PC:

1) Transfer the photos from your phone to your pc.

2) Upload to a site like postimage dot org

3) Find the section that says "direct link" when you have uploaded and copy it into your post.  It should auto-load your image inside.

Method #2 using just the phone:

... There should be an "attach files" link somewhere in the message window you are trying to reply with (mine was at the bottom).  If not, that sucks.  I just logged in to see on my Android phone to verify.  The file size has to be 1.95mb or less though.  Also, if you upload images directly to this site it will require people to be logged in to see them (if it hasnt changed).  This is due to bandwidth conservation and whatever else set by the website owners/administrators.  If you provide links from other websites like postimage dot org I noted above, they should show always to anyone since they won't be using this website's resources to lots of "guests".

.. If your pictures are larger than 1.95mb (which is very common on today's phones), you will have to go all the way back around to Method #1.

.. Maybe the tapatalk app makes it easier, idk.

I think I know the answer to this, but I'll put it here for the locals.  My aunt is flying down to Charleston on Thursday and has a rental on Isle of Palms.  Obviously for a direct hit or a near scrape she doesn't want to be anywhere near there.  For a slighty more offshore track, how likely are mandatory evacs for Isle of Palms?

15 hours ago, AsheCounty48 said:

Ah, thanks for the explanation. I'm nowhere near as educated when it comes to the tropics as I am with winter storms. 

You also have to account for the geography working against it as it races North.  Keep in mind that no Category 4 has ever made landfall north of Little River, South Carolina. 

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

I think I know the answer to this, but I'll put it here for the locals.  My aunt is flying down to Charleston on Thursday and has a rental on Isle of Palms.  Obviously for a direct hit or a near scrape she doesn't want to be anywhere near there.  For a slighty more offshore track, how likely are mandatory evacs for Isle of Palms?

Hey MN Transplant, i would think she would part of the mandatory evacaution as Isle of Palms is on a barrier island to begin with and no elevation. Im pretty sure it will be completely flooded there. Just the surge and rainfall and then with the winds it will be brutal on the island itself

30 minutes ago, Avdave said:

Hey MN Transplant, i would think she would part of the mandatory evacaution as Isle of Palms is on a barrier island to begin with and no elevation. Im pretty sure it will be completely flooded there. Just the surge and rainfall and then with the winds it will be brutal on the island itself

That was my assumption.  Thank you.

48 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

I know most folks on this board wish for Matthew to hit and move inland. We're weather hobbyist and that makes since. But if the storm continues along the coast and out to sea, it helps draw in very cool fall air. After this summer I'm really tired of tropical weather.

10-4-2016 1-39-43 PM.jpg

I'd take 90-95 and very humid if it would bring rain. It is awfully dry west of I-77 in NC and SC and Matthew isn't going to help any. The GFS says no rain right through Oct 20 anywhere in the southeast except within 100-150 miles of the coast and in FLA over areas that don't need rain.

• jburns locked this topic

Archived