Newest Member
    joxey
21st Century Banter Thread

jburns

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/8/2016 at 1:01 PM, Snowless in Carrollton said:

Trying to figure out why the Florida game was cancelled and the NC State game wasn't. It's a beautiful day in Gainesville, FL and raining cats and dogs in NC.

None of the games should have been played in the Triangle yesterday. Just showed a total lack of caring for the fans.

14 hours ago, FallsLake said:

Just saw the movie Krampus. He might be a satanic Christmas demon but man can he bring the snow.

That movie is absolutely ridiculous, lol.  Here are a couple more "Christmas Themed/Winter" horror flicks:

Black Christmas (old or remakes)

Silent Night, Deadly Night

Jack Frost

There are also some old "Tales from the Crypt" Christmas/horror specials that are classics.

21 hours ago, packbacker said:

They say that storms tracks seen in October typically repeat themselves in winter.   2014 repeat coming :bag:

:lol:  It's what I was told growing up. I always looked forward to those first noreasters of the season  :lol:   

I got a flood last October, but not the first snowflake.....fast forward to this October and it's not looking good for me :(  :P 

16 hours ago, buckeyefan1 said:

:lol:  It's what I was told growing up. I always looked forward to those first noreasters of the season  :lol:   

I got a flood last October, but not the first snowflake.....fast forward to this October and it's not looking good for me :(  :P 

To be fair, it wasn't a true "storm track".  Upper level low + hurricane moisture hookup in the Atlantic.  At least Matthew was a coastal hugger.. which generally still brings too much warm air with it for us.  I've about given up for snow in CAE.

It'll be nice if those saying later Dec-Late Feb are right and we don't have to sit here and talk about "fab feb" crap.  Back loaded just sucks.. it's like waiting for that last touch down to tie the game...  only to be let down with a pick 6.  at least for cae winter weather.

37 minutes ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

Folks, we officially have a winter (late February) sun angle. It's almost time to break out the coats and gloves !

western nc has been wasting cold, low 30s in boone, upper 30s here in the foothills, won't be nowhere near as cold come christmas morning and during winter storms when we need it most.had to go to dollar tree and get a ice scraper already

19 minutes ago, jburns said:

Pretty much.  You'll be amazed at how many people just abandon their cars and start walking.  

Interesting. I guess Ill be amazed like you said, if and when it snows here. I remember d rive to Charlotte from DC a few days after the storms and have pics of cars being abandoned on the snowbanks off I 85.  Crazy stuff

I guess when really does snow here, everything shuts down for good

• jburns locked this topic

Archived