• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
21st Century Banter Thread

jburns

Matthew is a mean name that sounds like it wants to get retired plus its a election year.  Boy if I wasn't going to bed right now I would be typing an email to the Washington Post, Fox News, and the Pentagon rn. The tropics will be in the headlines next week once the EURO gets within range. I dub King EURO the Pirate of the Caribbean when it comes to the tropics...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Brick Tamland said:

This has been a really boring year for weather here. Hardly any snow in winter, no severe threat to speak of, and no real hurricane threat as of yet.

Heck, the Boone mall hasn't even flooded yet. (it always floods when there's really heavy rain, poor sewer system). I think my county has had maybe 2 severe thunderstorms that weren't bad and 1 flood watch or 2. too boring for me.

2016 is a year to remember in the foothills. Weather hasn't been boring here after losing power several days over the summer, I want the non-boring weather to occur elsewhere. 80mph gusts are horrid. Plenty of tropical action at the coast to track this year too. Overall big year. From flooding rains to drought. Seen it all. Lost power from the severe ice storm and winter brought AN snow.

5 hours ago, NWNC2015 said:

2016 is a year to remember in the foothills. Weather hasn't been boring here after losing power several days over the summer, I want the non-boring weather to occur elsewhere. 80mph gusts are horrid. Plenty of tropical action at the coast to track this year too. Overall big year. From flooding rains to drought. Seen it all. Lost power from the severe ice storm and winter brought AN snow.

Have you been smoking something? 

Fall is the best season in NC. The weather is usually comfortable, but dryer than spring. And then you have football, basketball starting up in November, Halloween, and Thanksgiving. The best overall three months of the year are September through November.

Then you have to look forward to winter, but snow is the only thing winter is good for. biggrin

I am not here to discuss anything political this is just a general welfare check to see if everyone is safe. I reported to Facebook I was safe after it prompted me to answer for living near Charlotte or passing through. 

Is everyone safe? We have many members down there who commute to work and or live there who are MIA.

I know this impacts a lot of us in the south-east if you have a washing machine from Whirlpool, Kenmore, or Maytag that ever smells make sure you don't miss the lawsuit claim deadline. It was fast and easy just gotta lift the lid of the washer to find serial number to type in. 

https://washersettlementclaim.com/

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 10:41 AM, SimeonNC said:

One of my favorite things to do as a weather geek is to watch old news coverages of past storms, especially winter storms. My favorite ones to watch are the news coverages of the 1996 snow/ice storm for Northern AL/Southern TN and the coverage of the Blizzard of '93 for the Birmingham area.

You should like this site as well:

http://climate.ncsu.edu/climate/winter_wx/database.php?location_county=&StartYear=1969&StartMonth=01&StartDay=1&EndYear=2015&EndMonth=08&EndDay=1&Submit=Submit&page=1

having a huge Bojangles meal box later today as me, my friends and other personalities track Matthew. we will be heavily focused on the euro and tossing everything thing else in the trash. we believe we can "write off" certain areas based on the euro ensembles and the ukmet where no track anywhere close to some places such as East Tennessee into western Virginia based upper level features at play.we hope to be able to clear many areas well in advance of the storm.we currently think florida then offshore to the obx will be close to the final track

• jburns locked this topic

Archived