Newest Member
    joxey
21st Century Banter Thread

jburns

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

I've corresponded with James Spann the last couple of days on social media and let me tell you, he is a complete jerk and if you disagree with him in any way he will ban you in a heartbeat. I wasn't rude to him at all either.

That's hard to believe. I have never seen him be a jerk to anyone. What did you say?

1 hour ago, metwannabe said:

Didn't realize you now lived in Tallahassee!  I have a sister in Ft. Walton Beach, her son my nephew obviously, graduated from FSU.... he and his wife currently live in Jacksonville.  They are on their way to Ft. Walton to get out of harms way.   Last I heard moving about 6 mph on I-10!!

Yep, I moved down here in May for a job after I graduated.  I'd like to get back to NC at some point, but I like it alright down here.  Summer was brutal, but at least it had finally started to cool down some in the last couple weeks and we can a reprieve from the blast finance for half the year, unlike peninsular Florida.

I will miss tracking snowstorms this winter, though. :(

5 minutes ago, GaStorm said:

That's hard to believe. I have never seen him be a jerk to anyone. What did you say?

I told him the nws is forecasting there to be some impacts from Matthew in the form of clouds in eastern Alabama and he said that there will be no impacts from Matthew in Alabama and if I didn't like his products I can unfollow him.  Then I said well the nws says otherwise because they are saying clouds will be impacting Alabama associated with Matthew. Then he deleted me.

2 minutes ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

I told him the nws is forecasting there to be some impacts from Matthew in the form of clouds in eastern Alabama and he said that there will be no impacts from Matthew in Alabama and if I didn't like his products I can unfollow him.  Then I said well the nws says otherwise because they are saying clouds will be impacting Alabama associated with Matthew. Then he deleted me.

Must of caught him on a bad day or something. I guess boring weather will do that. Lol.

2 minutes ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

I have an interview in Louisville, KY so wish me luck guys. Maybe if I got the job there I may actually see a little snow this winter ?

I was born in Louisville and know that area well. They get much more snow than us as well so that is always a bonus!

14 minutes ago, GaStorm said:

I was born in Louisville and know that area well. They get much more snow than us as well so that is always a bonus!

I've heard lots of good things about Louisville. Its the perfect size town for me. I'm not fond of the size of Atlanta and I don't really wanna be in a small town either.

43 minutes ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

I've heard lots of good things about Louisville. Its the perfect size town for me. I'm not fond of the size of Atlanta and I don't really wanna be in a small town either.

Yeah it's a great city. Also have some really good micro brew there if you like beer. Good luck on the interview!

6 minutes ago, GaStorm said:

Yeah it's a great city. Also have some really good micro brew there if you like beer. Good luck on the interview!

Thank you. I've actually been "stuck" in Dahlonega the last couple of months after living in Carrollton all of my life. I moved there with my mom so I could save a little money. But honestly I can't stand living in dahlonega. It may be nice if you are retired but for me it is just very lame and nothing to do. Don't get me wrong, there's some nice scenery, but I just don't feel at home here at all. There's also literally no job opportunities .

6 minutes ago, GaStorm said:

The main Matthew thread in Tropical is bananas at the moment.

People are like "It doesn't look like a FL landfall", or " It's still on track for a FL landfall", or "The eyewall will scrape the coast and may never completely landfall" or "It's a bust" or "I think it could strengthen and be worse if it stays just off the coast" and yadda yadda yadda and people get angry at each other for nothing.

JUST WATCH THE WEATHER DO WHATEVER IT WILL DO GEEEEEEEEEEZ

5 minutes ago, YetAnotherRDUGuy said:

The main Matthew thread in Tropical is bananas at the moment.

People are like "It doesn't look like a FL landfall", or " It's still on track for a FL landfall", or "The eyewall will scrape the coast and may never completely landfall" or "It's a bust" or "I think it could strengthen and be worse if it stays just off the coast" and yadda yadda yadda and people get angry at each other for nothing.

JUST WATCH THE WEATHER DO WHATEVER IT WILL DO GEEEEEEEEEEZ

If you think it is bad now, that's after having 30 posts deleted just on the last three pages.  

off topic here, but with almost 1 million without power in florida already and increasing, why don't s/e states put the lines under ground? i know expensive, but worth keeping businesses running and schools open, even for tornado/ice storm areas, and all around good security from global threats not just mother nature?

6 minutes ago, No snow for you said:

Matthew 10:7 

As you go, proclaim this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven has come near.’

Just saying Carolina's. 

Nice!  After all those beat downs in the Econ thread over the last couple of weeks, it's good to see you in the scriptures!

• jburns locked this topic

Archived