Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
21st Century Banter Thread

jburns

Just now, Avdave said:

Interesting. I guess Ill be amazed like you said, if and when it snows here. I remember d rive to Charlotte from DC a few days after the storms and have pics of cars being abandoned on the snowbanks off I 85.  Crazy stuff

I guess when really does snow here, everything shuts down for good

Pretty much.  As far as driving goes, it is complicated by the fact that our road temperatures are usually a bit above freezing at the beginning of events causing a thin sheet of ice to form under any snow. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Avdave said:

Interesting. I guess Ill be amazed like you said, if and when it snows here. I remember d rive to Charlotte from DC a few days after the storms and have pics of cars being abandoned on the snowbanks off I 85.  Crazy stuff

I guess when really does snow here, everything shuts down for good

I watch this at least a dozen times every winter.

7 hours ago, bingcrosbyb said:

Way off topic, but does anyone know what happened to Talkweather.com ? I don't see it on Google search anymore which means it's fallen off the grid. Seems to have vanished.....

They are trying to get it back up and running. I think it crashed during the Hurricane Matthew storm.

15 hours ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

They are trying to get it back up and running. I think it crashed during the Hurricane Matthew storm.

It's been like 12 days, more of  a deal than restoring from backup,  me thinks.  Maybe them basically allowing the site to become a free model viewer for pay images like the Euro or AMWX modelcenter caught up with em'.

Edit; it crashed before Matthew go close to the FL coast, so doubtful Matthew caused it.

Wow that rocket launch was crazy...I didnt know what to expect but it was spectacular......the rocket for the first 10 secs had a long red tail, you could follow it to first stage burnout and separation and it was not visible for 15-20 seconds then the second stage kicked in and we could see it till that burned out....

48 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

Wow that rocket launch was crazy...I didnt know what to expect but it was spectacular......the rocket for the first 10 secs had a long red tail, you could follow it to first stage burnout and separation and it was not visible for 15-20 seconds then the second stage kicked in and we could see it till that burned out....

It was very cool. I took the kids to a park close by and some other folks were there to watch it.  Love having a place so close to see things like this and meteor showers.

3 hours ago, FallsLake said:

What's up everybody. I'm in Gatlinburg Tennessee this week on vacation. I can't believe  how dry it is here. The rivers and streams are way down and the plants look bad. I wish I could have given folks here 90% of what I got from Matthew. But I'm now off to go into the park. 

You should come visit Georgia. You would think you were in the desert southwest.

• jburns locked this topic

Archived