Newest Member
    joxey
21st Century Banter Thread

jburns

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

Still waiting for that first real cool (crisp) spell for fall. I was hoping it would be this weekend but lows keep getting pushed higher as we get closer. A couple of days back they were solidly in the 50s now they're closer to 60 or higher.

You can say that again.  Highs and Lows have gone up at least five degrees behind the front.  So basically we might get one or two average days, then right back to our normal 3-6 degree above average temps.

Now its forecast to be close to 90 tomorrow, this has got to be a joke.

On 9/25/2016 at 10:41 AM, SimeonNC said:

One of my favorite things to do as a weather geek is to watch old news coverages of past storms, especially winter storms. My favorite ones to watch are the news coverages of the 1996 snow/ice storm for Northern AL/Southern TN and the coverage of the Blizzard of '93 for the Birmingham area.

Yeah, those were the good old days!  :lol:

All originally foretasted 70s for this area have been replaced with mid 80s, and steadily climbing with each forecast.  The same goes for the lows, originally forecast for several days in the mid 50s, now low and mid 60s for the foreseeable future.  The average low for this date is 59, and we haven't even been close yet.  The climate has truly changed.  These type of above average temperatures just go on month after month after month.

hey this will be my last post on matthew i dont care anymore looking forward to winter storm tracking hurricane season always flops we know that it be ok you can blame it being too close to the elections the powers at be in recon dumped gas in i think to alter its life like they do in abortions

have a goodnight im signing off mods plz lock that thread i dont wanna see it anymore

1 hour ago, NWNC2015 said:

hey this will be my last post on matthew i dont care anymore looking forward to winter storm tracking hurricane season always flops we know that it be ok you can blame it being too close to the elections the powers at be in recon dumped gas in i think to alter its life like they do in abortions

have a goodnight im signing off mods plz lock that thread i dont wanna see it anymore

How lucky(Unlucky)? do we have to be to even have a decent chance at a tropical system anywhere near the southeast? I mean it's still a good ways out but just like the dang "cold front" that's not really cold, everything we want just vanishes. Just once I want something to go right.

On September 28, 2016 at 11:18 AM, jshetley said:

It's going to be November I'd say before anyone outside of the mountains in NC or SC goes below 50 degrees and highs will be mostly in the 80's, with some 90's possible right through all of Oct. Hopefully the new tropical system shakes things up but I wouldn't count on it.

You do know that that's basically climatologically impossible in northern North Carolina, right?

didn't wanna make this post in the main thread if it ended up being a dumb question. But what is causing the models to show the hurricane weakening as it heads up the east coast towards the Carolina's? assuming the storm does impact florida then bounce off just off the coast until it hits the carolina's, wouldn't the Atlantic have warm enough water to strengthen it again?

11 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

didn't wanna make this post in the main thread if it ended up being a dumb question. But what is causing the models to show the hurricane weakening as it heads up the east coast towards the Carolina's? assuming the storm does impact florida then bounce off just off the coast until it hits the carolina's, wouldn't the Atlantic have warm enough water to strengthen it again?

you are looking at non-hi res models. the models you see posted don't even initialize the strength right in the Caribbean. joe bastardi and others have said Matthew will likely peak in terms of pressure in the Bahamas. its still going to be strong 115mph or greater running up the coast at the Carolina's. nhc has 105mph when its near NC but that's likely conservative or guessing at this point

3 minutes ago, NWNC2015 said:

you are looking at non-hi res models. the models you see posted don't even initialize the strength right in the Caribbean. joe bastardi and others have said Matthew will likely peak in terms of pressure in the Bahamas. its still going to be strong 115mph or greater running up the coast at the Carolina's. nhc has 105mph when its near NC but that's likely conservative or guessing at this point

Ah, thanks for the explanation. I'm nowhere near as educated when it comes to the tropics as I am with winter storms. 

1 hour ago, NWNC2015 said:

the political correctness is so real can't even post in my own **** thread. i go to asu and they tell me to speak out, use critical thinking, improve society 

I read your thread before it was deleted and I thought you have been warned and even suspended in recent the past for bashing the NWS. 

56 minutes ago, Isopycnic said:

I read your thread before it was deleted and I thought you have been warned and even suspended in recent the past for bashing the NWS. 

I didn't bash them I expressed my concerns and offered to contact them via web survey studies. The NHC is great. The cone philosophy is political correctness. 

• jburns locked this topic

Archived