Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
disMay Pattern Disco

CoastalWx

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was around 90F yesterday and it really was not that uncomfortable at all.  What a difference it makes with low dews. Not even the second floor of the house was uncomfortable last night.

i noticed that too .. the 2nd floor of the house routine.  climbed the stairs to hit the sack and was dreading the usual boundary about mid way up the steps. the layering is like 30 + across 2 inches of altitude, I swear.  particularly if I run the AC down around the corner in the living room.  65 to 97 on bad days ...  typically, 80 F under unabated all day sun will get that 2nd floor roasting. so, being that it touched 90 and there was unabated sun all day, i figured it was going to be one of those bad days.  but it was interestingly only warm up there.  ..i figure the dps on the low side helps.

still...it was just above comfort level, enough to throw off the blanks.  i turned on the ac for the first time anyway.   

i'm noticing area dps are 10 to 15 F higher than yesterday prior to mixing this morning.  we should mix some, but it should all around be that much more potent heat away from the coast.   

curiously, the the 00z ...well, the last several NAM cycles have had a weak boundary hung up over eastern ma.  bos on the grid has ese wind at max heating, and 22 C at 980 mb, while alb is 27.   not a huge deficit, but does offer up some ventilation if that verifies.  

i noticed that too .. the 2nd floor of the house routine. climbed the stairs to hit the sack and was dreading the usual boundary about mid way up the steps. the layering is like 30 + across 2 inches of altitude, I swear. particularly if I run the AC down around the corner in the living room. 65 to 97 on bad days ... typically, 80 F under unabated all day sun will get that 2nd floor roasting. so, being that it touched 90 and there was unabated sun all day, i figured it was going to be one of those bad days. but it was interestingly only warm up there. ..i figure the dps on the low side helps.

still...it was just above comfort level, enough to throw off the blanks. i turned on the ac for the first time anyway.

i'm noticing area dps are 10 to 15 F higher than yesterday prior to mixing this morning. we should mix some, but it should all around be that much more potent heat away from the coast.

curiously, the the 00z ...well, the last several NAM cycles have had a weak boundary hung up over eastern ma. bos on the grid has ese wind at max heating, and 22 C at 980 mb, while alb is 27. not a huge deficit, but does offer up some ventilation if that verifies.

I am surprised there isn't a stratus overcast right under that huge inversion in the stairwell.

A friend of mine drove up to Greenfield today to buy an air-conditioner at Home Depot because the Home Depots south of here were out of large and medium and could not tell him if they were getting more in. wtf? It's not even memorial day!

Last winter I went to buy a snow blower at Home depot on January 3 and they were out of the one I wanted and were not reordering. I guess I just don't understand that kind of inventory management. Seasonal products must be bought in the previous season I guess.

A friend of mine drove up to Greenfield today to buy an air-conditioner at Home Depot because the Home Depots south of here were out of large and medium and could not tell him if they were getting more in. wtf? It's not even memorial day!

Last winter I went to buy a snow blower at Home depot on January 3 and they were out of the one I wanted and were not reordering. I guess I just don't understand that kind of inventory management. Seasonal products must be bought in the previous season I guess.

Sounds like they made the right call  :P

Archived