Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
disMay Pattern Disco

CoastalWx

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was in the low 50s earlier here. Amazing how warm it feels now.

Yeah it's going up fast.

Pretty uniform temps around New England right now...like 78F here and at BML, while its about the same at a lot of the SNE sites.

We're all going well into the 80s today, probably like what we saw in Quebec yesterday.

Just saw SLK did a 50-degree swing yesterday... low of 31F and high of 81F.

Today they are already at close to a 40 degree swing as this morning it was 39F and its 77F at noon.

This spring has been really nice, I can't remember so many huge 40-50 degree swings as there's been this month. MVL, BML, HIE, and SLK have all done 50 or more in a single day so far this month. And they've all done numerous 40 degree swings.

Just saw SLK did a 50-degree swing yesterday... low of 31F and high of 81F.

Today they are already at close to a 40 degree swing as this morning it was 39F and its 77F at noon.

This spring has been really nice, I can't remember so many huge 40-50 degree swings as there's been this month. MVL, BML, HIE, and SLK have all done 50 or more in a single day so far this month. And they've all done numerous 40 degree swings.

belated green-up might be related...  Evapo-transpiration adds a lot of DP in the summer months.   this is actually huge over the corn-fields in the Great Plains.  I've actually seen papers written about 80 to 85 F DP plumes that originated over Kansas, Nebraska during the great 2012 heat wave, and how that contributed to mega thickness in the atmosphere.  pretty cool stuff actually...  

anyway, we were bare boned tree nubs here until almost May 10th ...lates I've ever seen it... and though we are caught up now...it's probably a memory thing.   at least to some degree - ha, pun.

Archived