Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
disMay Pattern Disco

CoastalWx

Fri/Sat look legit muggy.

haven't looked at anything other than my NWS forecast, pretty standard stuff. Its when its 90/64 and stays in the 70s overnight it gets miserable, open windows and a fan works now. I love the warmth surprised so many who love heat would want to be in AC already

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?w0=t&w1=td&w2=hi&w3=sfcwind&w3u=1&w4=sky&w5=pop&w6=rh&w7=rain&w8=thunder&w10u=0&w13u=1&w14u=1&AheadHour=0&FcstType=graphical&textField1=41.7891&textField2=-71.8971&site=all&unit=0&dd=&bw=&AheadDay.x=63&AheadDay.y=10&AheadDay=48

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Installing ACs in late May? That's like calling winter over in mid April.

lol if it gets uncomfortable I will pick it up, open the window close the window screw 2 screws in with a screw gun and go back to bed, literally that easy. Some skinny guy who loves HHH apparently sweats profusely doing the 15 min install

lol if it gets uncomfortable I will pick it up, open the window close the window screw 2 screws in with a screw gun and go back to bed, literally that easy. Some skinny guy who loves HHH apparently sweats profusely doing the 15 min install

Well you have to multiply that 15 minute install by every window in his house.

I have a single unit I use in a side window of the living room and it does a decent job of cooling the entire upstairs. I could probably install it now and forget about it until late September. But I doubt I will, and I think I'll be fine with the windows open for now.

Well you have to multiply that 15 minute install by every window in his house.

I have a single unit I use in a side window of the living room and it does a decent job of cooling the entire upstairs. I could probably install it now and forget about it until late September. But I doubt I will, and I think I'll be fine with the windows open for now.

he has 2

You rolling hill country boys have an advantage as well. There are trees here where i live, but probably not nearly as much shade or hillsides to block the sun here in the DV. Even a 90 degree day always feels a bit cooler out in the hills with more shade and a breeze on the hilltops

true usually takes until mid July for me to really find the need

I never install before June and once installed only use for the truly oppressive days (above 85/60). I always found that it is easier on the system if you let your body experience a few HHH days early in the season. Honestly, even at a relatively low elevation, it tends to cool of pretty well at night out here so there are only a dozen or so a/c days here most summers.

It looks like our back door went from a heavy duty steel door slamming through the region to a flimsy screen door wavering back and forth in the Wind.

Strictly inside 495 like everything else in the Commonwealth.

It looks like front gets hung up in wrn MA and CT  (Still warm in those areas) with a chance of shwrs/tstms Sunday. It may return north again Monday.  Every day has had a different solution. 

I think the slow attenuation over the longer termed guidance trend re the strength of the front and what's behind the boundary is/were foreseeable, however.

This 00z suite didn't surprise me at all - .     

the 06z operational GFS completely eradicated that BD notion entirely - not sure I buy that necessarily either.  But the deep layer flow orientation of vectors and the fact that the multi-run trend was to raise heights as the front is nearing didn't/don't set well with me.  The other aspect is that the mid level impulse that was providing the confluence up N was seriously showing continuity issues from run to run and couldn't be depended upon as a real feature in the flow - chirst gfs had snow in western NF from its almighty power on one run...  

It's like the models are getting better at "ever" seeing them as possible, but they still either over predict them, or ...miss their extent when they do come to pass.   

we'll see how things shake out.  interesting

I think the slow attenuation over the longer termed guidance trend re the strength of the front and what's behind the boundary is/were foreseeable, however.

This 00z suite didn't surprise me at all - .     

the 06z operational GFS completely eradicated that BD notion entirely - not sure I buy that necessarily either.  But the deep layer flow orientation of vectors and the fact that the multi-run trend was to raise heights as the front is nearing didn't/don't set well with me.  

It's like the models are getting better at "ever" seeing them as possible, but they still either over predict them, or ...miss their extent when they do come to pass.   

we'll see how things shake out.  interesting

Looks like it more towards climo. My guess is that is comes through and sits in a position not far from modeled right now.  It's not the more classic BD that chills us off either. However, the problem is that if it does not clear and stalls nearby, east winds and warmth aloft will allow lower clouds to move in. Sort of a catch 22. 

And just like that there's glimpses of blue here as well. Sun is shining at home. We rise.

i drove 35 mi to work and the temp was locked at 62 despite full sun the whole way... I'm thinking, gee - if we're making the upper 80s, shouldn't we be seeing a temp response?

i'm sure we will ... but it still kind of hearkens to why 'high launch pads' are critical in marginal 850 anomalies.  

Looks like it more towards climo. My guess is that is comes through and sits in a position not far from modeled right now.  It's not the more classic BD that chills us off either. However, the problem is that if it does not clear and stalls nearby, east winds and warmth aloft will allow lower clouds to move in. Sort of a catch 22. 

Yeah ...that's a good point.  Brian brought that up yesterday too; you're better off if the front comes in like an incalcitrant bully defying physical laws, and bow-waves it way all the way to Philadelphia.  If it comes in shallow and stalls over the Tolland dome, it actually acts like a pollution dredge-rope ahead of a drainage cauldron and the murk sort of like piles up behind it.  

heh - i like metaphors.   ...no, we're talking about getting into sufficiently strong backside NVA to really clear it out versus shallower boundaries, that cause more of a trapping inversion that is too stable of a sounding to mix vertically.   There's our catch-22.  

But, for those that like summer and such ... perhaps the 06z GFS ("highly dependable") run thinking of no boundary at all, or one that only kisses Beverley Mass briefly is the way to go.  

Frankly, I'm actually getting interested in that deep layer sudden on-set of favorable TS kinematics going on near the Bahamas.  The GGEM ("also an equally outSTANDing guidance source") actually brings a TS across SE Mass.   

Archived