joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2016 obs/ discussion

2010 extreme

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes that would be worse. I have a few trees that are dead standing and would likely fall. Luckily not near the house.

I personally think people hype wind around here. True wind events around here are extraordinarily rare. I'm sure tonight is nothing more than a breezy night.

For me for wind to really get nervous/excited about I would need at *minimum* tropical storm conditions to verify at DCA, and even that is/has been underwhelming the one time it actually happened.

I await my true sustained hurricane force verification in the DMV at some point this century.

I personally think people hype wind around here. True wind events around here are extraordinarily rare. I'm sure tonight is nothing more than a breezy night.

For me for wind to really get nervous/excited about I would need at *minimum* tropical storm conditions to verify at DCA, and even that is/has been underwhelming the one time it actually happened.

I await my true sustained hurricane force verification in the DMV at some point this century.

We did well on Monday with winds gusting to near 50.

I can't wait. I'm all pumped up and ready! I'm definitely staying up. Almost time to hit the liquid store up ;). I agree with, Ian. Too bad the trees don't have more leaves :)

I'm always up until at least midnight on the weekend. I'm going to do a late walk with the dog if it's really ripping.

Big wind at night is always kinda creepy in a cool way. Lol

Pretty gusty out here already. I have had some gusts over 25. Might even see a few flakes this evening?

HRRR has been bringing some post squall snow showers in. Little wind bombs. Tropopause around 700mb. Good times.

Archived