joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wild Weekend Weather- Disco 04/02-/04/03

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just joining the party. Made a map a little while ago. Mostly inline with HRRR, I think GFS is a tad north, NAM and RUC are more parallel with each other. Wondering how much will melt when it hits the ground first. QPF wise, I think we have enough of that to see these totals though. post-6270-0-15649000-1459657075_thumb.jp

Although short lived, this is gonna be one intense event. 2-3in/hr rates easily, 45-65mph wind gusts (highest for SE MA) blinding snow, and embedded thunder. We got some amazing tstorms in Feb, and now we're seeing some crazy snow rates in April. Unreal. 

5:30 alarm set -- first time I've looked forward to an early alarm for a system all winter. Debated pulling an all nighter but I'd pay far more than it's worth for it on Monday.

Will be satisfied with anything >2" here, but definitely hoping for 4"+ and I think it's very possible.

Just getting back online

3z HRRR widened a bit vs. 2z HRRR... support 3-5" swath in Pike south with lollis to 6-7"

I'm thinking the lower end advisory amounts (like 2-4") will be a bit wider than thought earlier...then there will still be a thin band of something higher...perhaps 6"+. Yesterday it looked like a thin band of like 4-6" with not much outside of that.

I'm thinking the lower end advisory amounts (like 2-4") will be a bit wider than thought earlier...then there will still be a thin band of something higher...perhaps 6"+. Yesterday it looked like a thin band of like 4-6" with not much outside of that.

Agree, just looking at radar hard to see how that gets to the coast with only a narrow strip that some of the mesos showed yesterday

Things looking on target on 4z HRRR, even better than 3z for eastern MA pike region

Gonna force a snooze to wake up 4:30 and catch the rain changeover to snow

Everyone should check out the Box AFD from 10pm earlier tonight if you haven't already

Archived