• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Pattern Disco -2016

Damage In Tolland

5 day siege? Looks nice and BN. End of week may be cloudy and cool again. I don't know what's worse. The PDS bust yesterday or the calls to install.

I won't quote it,,but there's several posts from Will and others from last week about how this week was going to be awful Anyone that wants can go back and find them

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All people did was talk about what a few runs showed, and it was not a 5 day mess. Today may be best day of week. MOS has 59 and 56 for BDL tomorrow and Friday. Cooler elsewhere.

Same thing..I talked about what a few runs showed..same as you/them..

And wouldn't you rather install when it's nice and mild out..rather than last year when you were doing it in 85/70 degree wx..sweating and angry? Why would you wait until that wx was here? You do it when it's not hot

well, super-adiabatic afternoons that expand the boundary layer ...i just want to point out, is a factual aspect of diurnal dynamics, and has nothing to do with wanting on warm weather and seasonal change. 

so just in case anyone is lumping that together with over-zealous warm mongrels, that's not really fair. 

I'd have to agree with the Rev on this one...there were many a posts last week saying how this week was going to be like we live in Newfoundland

It's decently BN but as long as we get sun this time if year it feels nice. There's no 80s nor AC anytime soon.

It's decently BN but as long as we get sun this time if year it feels nice. There's no 80s nor AC anytime soon.

The temp spin job begins from Kevin...I already miss tracking the snow up north yesterday as a distraction.

The most accurate post was when Chris (oceanstwx) countered Kevin's torch talk 10 days ago with the ensemble guidance showing near equal chances for above average and below average temps which punched a hole in the "models show a torch" rhetoric.

It turned out this 5 day period to end the month will probably be below normal every day. With the sun it isn't too bad, but I'm not sure why anyone would spike footballs about struggling out of the 50s in full sunshine in late April with frost/freeze warnings at night.

The temp spin job begins from Kevin...I already miss tracking the snow up north yesterday as a distraction.

The most accurate post was when Chris (oceanstwx) countered Kevin's torch talk 10 days ago with the ensemble guidance showing near equal chances for above average and below average temps which punched a hole in the "models show a torch" rhetoric.

It turned out this 5 day period to end the month will probably be below normal every day. With the sun it isn't too bad, but I'm not sure why anyone would spike footballs about struggling out of the 50s in full sunshine in late April with frost/freeze warnings at night.

I love the ranges we can get this time of year like we had last week. 

This morning I had a nice freeze with a temp of 28° and fog.  After yesterday's high of 45° that gave me a -14° BN day (I do 7a-7a).

crazy 00z Euro (oper) run...

Saturday is the weekend pick.  Still has a COL/weak +PP in the area. Depicts +3 C 850mb temperatures roughtly collocated west-east along the Pike, with enough sfc ridging to compress the inevitable onshore diurnal face smack closer to the coast.  RH is suggestive of partial if not mostly clear, so cooking the temp to the potential is likely given that depiction...

then, two days later, it's snowing madly on the Manadnocks. Spring can be fantastic with whiplash scenarios is like that... April '97 featured two days back to back nearing 65 F in the Merrimack Valley, with high based CU and gentle winds under warm sunshine ... with winter storm watch flying by the end of that second day... zoinks!

still, it is just beyond the Euro wheel house where it tends to dig too much (by at least a little, if not more noticeable) - we'll see.  

And I'm glad for some BN temps for a bit, as the earlier warmth threatened an early bud break, and perhaps a repeat of 1999 or (especially) 2010 when a mid-May freeze toasted ash and oak shoots, and killed all my apple flowers in 2010.  As for reaching 70, depends on where in New England one is.  I'll be at Pittston Farm, northwest of Moosehead, tomorrow thru Saturday noontime, and I doubt we'll see 50 there - low-mid 40s tomorrow and Friday, and while Saturday may reach 50 there, it will be after we head for home.  At least it will be dry.

This morning I had a nice freeze with a temp of 28° and fog.  After yesterday's high of 45° that gave me a -14° BN day (I do 7a-7a).

My 9p-9p for yesterday was 36/24, for a -15 day.  Might've been -18 with 7a-7a as I was upper teens this morning.  Probably have a nice 48/18 today.

Archived