• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Pattern Disco -2016

Damage In Tolland

October 1-31 has the same average highs as April 10-May 10 at BDL.

So I guess we're in cold season still.

Nope and I knew what you were going to there Captain Obvious. The idea is May is not a cold wx month whereas Oct is. We are deep into fall heading into winter and the season is moving into jeans and jackets after Sept. May is light for long time, sun climbing higher, jeans and jackets are out away.. And it's a warm weather feel . In Oct of course you want cool as it's darker and you're getting into winter mode.. May is about getting into summer mode. I don't think any poster here that would disagree

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope and I knew what you were going to there Captain Obvious. The idea is May is not a cold wx month whereas Oct is. We are deep into fall heading into winter and the season is moving into jeans and jackets after Sept. May is light for long time, sun climbing higher, jeans and jackets are out away.. And it's a warm weather feel . In Oct of course you want cool as it's darker and you're getting into winter mode.. May is about getting into summer mode. I don't think any poster here that would disagree

So basically you are expecting weather to be different even though climo is the same for both periods.

Sounds like wishcasting to me.

So you are saying May and Oct are both the same weather months? Just to clarify

October 1-31 has the same average highs as April 10-May 10 at BDL.

So I guess we're in cold season still.

It looks like he explained it to you earlier in the thread.

October 1-31 has the same average highs as April 10-May 10 (If I'm reading that correctly, but that's what it looks like he said).

So it looks like October is the same as say the second half of April and the first half of May. 

So you are saying May and Oct are both the same weather months? Just to clarify

No, not the entire month...I specified the dates above...Oct 1-31 equates to Apr 10-May 10...so today is roughly equal to about October 13th or so for climo.

Not necessarily enjoyable , but it's tolerable then because your're in cool wx mode and mindset and heading into winter after a hot summer. So you're ready for it. Whereas in May the opposite is true

Good point. Pretty much everyone I know loves a gray, dreary Columbus Day weekend. People prefer to stay inside bundled up instead of outside enjoying the foliage.

Not necessarily enjoyable , but it's tolerable then because your're in cool wx mode and mindset and heading into winter after a hot summer. So you're ready for it. Whereas in May the opposite is true

I follow this thread for the long range discussion since Toronto is in a weird weather zone where we have similarities between you guys and the midwest. 

I want to mention that your arguments are pretty much wish casting. You are judging the weather based on your own feelings. April 30th here is average high of 60F and low of 46F, October 1st is high of 58F and a low of 45F.   I work outside and don't base my feelings on what the calendar says. 45F and rain in april is just as miserable as 45F and rain in early october. 

This shows how the seasons climo compare very well at 925

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/soundingclimo/

DIT is pretty much blindly avoiding the climo discussion at this point...and using his own desires to tell everyone what our climate is like. Heck April is a snowier month than October and there's a reason for it, because October is more like the first half of May lol.

DIT is pretty much blindly avoiding the climo discussion at this point...and using his own desires to tell everyone what our climate is like. Heck April is a snowier month than October and there's a reason for it, because October is more like the first half of May lol.

Yeah. That's why I said he was wishcasting. It's fine. We all want certain weather and the time of year can dictate it. Just accept though that you are wishcasting when you want 40s in early October and 70s in mid to late April.

I'll admit that I'm wishcasting for a Memorial Day snowstorm slightly colder than 1967...but I'm not gonna say we should all expect it.

Lurking from MW forum. I have trouble understanding why people criticize others for enjoying rainy and cool days...especially in the Fall. If I wanted sunny and boring weather, I and others would discuss San Diego and Honolulu weather on the board.

Part of the reason why many of us are on a weather forum in the first place is that we enjoy the types of weather that 99% of the population doesn't. As an example, it is incredibly annoying to hear the general public and TV complain about how bad winters are in Chicago...when, in reality, a climo winter in Chicago is a joke. I would love for all of these people to live in INL or the UP of Michigan for a few winters, then see what they think. The only decent winter on record in Chicago was 1978-79, with 90" of snow and 100 consecutive days of snow cover.

Anyway - one of the great things about this board is that people enjoy experiencing and discussing "bad" weather. A sunny 70 degree day is obnoxiously boring...unless of course it occurs in mid-July. :)

The best thing about this sub-forum is that you have a Winter 2016-17 thread up and running. Good info in there already.

Would you

#1) prefer 45 and rain in mid-late Oct or Mid -late May?

#2) Expect it to more likely occur in Oct or May?

Id expect rain and 45 about the same in the first half of May as the first half of October. You are shifting the dates a bit compared to the climo ones above.

Late May would be more like late September.

The scary thing is I can understand how Kevin's mind works wrt weather. It's partially why he hasn't been banned yet.

I'm pretty much checked out of winter in April if the first week doesn't look cold and stormy too. I love winter and summer equally so I make the switch in my head quickly just like him. I start thinking about the garden and vitamin D from sun on the nape. I feel healthier in the warm season even though I obviously have a soft spot for snow and extreme cold. His hyperbole aside, I would love his seasons in seasons to be our climo. Cold and snowy with a one week flip to hot and sunny. I like fall and the step down in Sep/Oct, but let's get the snow flying by Halloween. I have no use for climo Spring and warm Novies.

Would you

#1) prefer 45 and rain in mid-late Oct or Mid -late May?

#2) Expect it to more likely occur in Oct or May?

Well are we talking preferences or climate?

You are moving the discussion into theoretical instead of facts.

Personally I don't care, neither does much for me. One isn't a good day at one time and a bad day at another.

I'd rather it snow on both dates but I understand the climate of where we live.

As for point 2, I'd expect it to occur in both months given BD fronts in May and the fact BDL still averages near 70F the first week of October.

The scary thing is I can understand how Kevin's mind works wrt weather. It's partially why he hasn't been banned yet.

I'm pretty much checked out of winter in April if the first week doesn't look cold and stormy too. I love winter and summer equally so I make the switch in my head quickly just like him. I start thinking about the garden and vitamin D from sun on the nape. I feel healthier in the warm season even though I obviously have a soft spot for snow and extreme cold. His hyperbole aside, I would love his seasons in seasons to be our climo. Cold and snowy with a one week flip to hot and sunny. I like fall and the step down in Sep/Oct, but let's get the snow flying by Halloween. I have no use for climo Spring and warm Novies.

My ideal would be April 15th we switch to COC 75/50 until June 85/50 then Oct 75/50 then winter Mid Novie.

Why would I be banned ? What terrible things do I do to deserve that BS? That's messed up

Archived