Newest Member
    Toothache
Possible winter storm March 1st-2nd

Thundersnow12

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a completely different scenario^

Phases with the wave rotating around the main PV and barely saves itself and turns into a decent surface low as it becomes negatively tilted crossing the Mississippi River.

I think that's the only scenario that NW OH/SEMI will see good snow. Like the NAVGEM or JMA. But as of right now there isn't a big model out there that supports it. The 6Z GFS was actually a step toward that. But this is all to my untrained eye and I could be very wrong.

I just realized the model isn't actually called "LOLGaps"... LOL. TY, though. Realized it was the NAVGEM when I saw that low coming out of the SE.

It's official name was the NOGAPS.

It's now been reincarnated as the NAVGEM (which ohioccat598 posted earlier), but it originally earned its nickname of "LOLgaps" because it's a pretty awful model. Still, every now and then, it's fun to look at purely for eye candy. 

One thing to note about this winter in general (and how it relates to this potential storm).

With the few storms we've had, the 2 dominant tracks have either been from the TN Valley to the Eastern Lakes, or from TX/OK to the Western Lakes.

So it wouldn't be too unreasonable to assume one of these 2 tracks will probably be the final outcome when it's all said and done.

One thing to note about this winter in general (and how it relates to this potential storm).

With the few storms we've had, the 2 dominant tracks have either been from the TN Valley to the Eastern Lakes, or from TX/OK to the Western Lakes.

So it wouldn't be too unreasonable to assume one of these 2 tracks will probably be the final outcome when it's all said and done.

Reality is a b**ch.

I was just thinking that. It's either Iowa....or Detroit to Lansing. Same frickin thing. I know...complaint....

Parallel Euro deposits heaviest snows from central IL to much of OH.  OH looks to get smoked pretty good on that run.

That storm on the parallel is for the next storm. The parallel run starts on 2/29 for some reason. The storm at the beginning of the run is for this thread. About the same path as the op run.

By 96, it looks like the storm won't be lost completely, but definitely much further south.

Basically a crashing frontal wave on this run with not much cold sector precip. Ugly. Certainly still time on this one, but this shows why not to get too worked up over runs showing feet of snow well over 100 hrs out.

Eh I would pass if I were you guys up north, who wants a stat padder to cover up how awful this winter was/is?

I was talking to a coworker yesterday about this. He hates snow and has been rubbing the winter in my face ALL winter. I said a 30 inch snowstorm in March would still not make this winter better for me. A day awesome snowstorm does not a winter make. I'm with Josh that WINTER is when there is snow on the ground for a couple of months most of the time.

Archived