Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Possible winter storm March 1st-2nd

Thundersnow12

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got to thinking while looking at the track and placement of this system it reminded me of the November system. I did some digging and found this map of the EURO 4 days beforehand. A lot of resemblance.

Anyone know is this system in the analogs?

JfrJSEul.jpg

More spread on the 00z EPS members vs the 12z run with respect to timing and track, which results in a more strung out SLP mean. Still some amped up members either on a more northern or southern track, but none is very similar to the op. Control is most similar to the op run.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

More spread on the 00z EPS members vs the 12z run with respect to timing and track, which results in a more strung out SLP mean. Still some amped up members either on a more northern or southern track, but none is very similar to the op. Control is most similar to the op run.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yep, the members are all over the place. Some members looked kinda like glorified clippers where the northern stream was dominant. Some the hp crashed down into the lakes causing the low to get strung out and then blow up in the OV. Some looked like the op run but only a few. A lot of spread for being only 5 days out.

I know the LOLGaps doesn't have a snowfall map, but verbatim, its solution would easily translate to 2-3 FEET in the heavy snow corridor based on QPF amounts, including Detroit. :weenie: :weenie: :weenie: :weenie: :weenie:

The first 1/2 of the storm features long duration WAA snows, and then it transitions to full blown blizzard conditions under the TROWAL / deformation axis for the second 1/2 of the storm.

I know the LOLGaps doesn't have a snowfall map, but verbatim, its solution would easily translate to 2-3 FEET in the heavy snow corridor based on QPF amounts, including Detroit. :weenie: :weenie: :weenie: :weenie: :weenie:

The first 1/2 of the storm features long duration WAA snows, and then it transitions to full blown blizzard conditions under the TROWAL / deformation axis for the second 1/2 of the storm.

Do you mind if I ask where I could view this beaut?

Archived