joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible winter storm March 1st-2nd

Thundersnow12

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is not a better setup for NW Ohio snowfalls than lows like these right here

Yes but every single possible snowstorm trends -away- from being a big snowstorm at Toledo. As I am sure you know, snowstorms were always trying to avoid me while I was in Toledo. At least you've got today's 12z Euro on your side. Good thing I live out West.

Only 105 hours before the low kicks out in Colorado, so it's not like we're looking at something more than a week out. 

Just to compared the EURO's accuracy 5 days and under. It had this departing storm's low almost in the exact same spot near Louisville on the 0z run on Saturday night. Even the day before it had it running up the Ohio River. So, for what that is worth.

The Euro also showed the GHD III low moving from Central TX to Central IL a few days before that storm. That didn't exactly happen.  FWIW. Classic Euro and others vs GFS battle shaping up. 

At least we have a cold air dome; at least right now, on the models behind it.

EURO had the low going across N IL on most runs. It never really went south of Hoosier 2-3 days out. In the end it passed within 15 miles or here. Edit: 4 days out it had it going over SBN to the Thumb.

Seems like the GFS and EURO have one "off" run where they shift west or east, but then come right back to where they were before within 50 miles or so.

If the keeps on shows this solution run after run, then I can get excited.

Part of me is rooting for ice as it would be pretty neat to pull off a meteorlogical hat trick in the same winter (big snow, big sleet, big ice) but tough to turn down big snow.  Overall the ice setup looks so-so at this relatively long lead...some pros and some cons in terms of something significant.

Pretty cool to think that some of us will be approaching or breaking highs this weekend in the 50s to near 60F, followed by this potential snowstorm a few days later.

Welcome to the winter of 2015-2016 lol. We broke a record high Saturday when we reached 70 degrees, 4 days later we were under a blizzard warning lol. This sucker does have potential, signal is there for sure. Already have 1.25" of rain forecasted next week, coupled with the melting snow, gonna be a muddy week.

Euro mean track runs from about Woodward, OK to STL/SPI to srn Indiana south of Indy and into OH.

Euro control looks like a strong/wetter version of the op run. 998mb over STL then 993mb into western OH, passing right over Indy.

On the individuals, good clustering near and just north of the ensemble mean sfc low track, which are tracks that would likely entail good hits for the Chicago metro into southern WI and lower MI. Only only a few members that are close to as far north as operational GFS.

The GEFS has a similar mean track, but much more spread among the individuals vs. the EPS and also only a few as far north as op run. The GEPS is a mess as usual. Good news is that the typically most skillful ENS has best signal for a decent or better event somewhere.

Archived