joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible winter storm March 1st-2nd

Thundersnow12

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the AO forecast to veer negative, I would suppose the latter with Arctic air descending to lower latitudes. I would usually expect to see the high nearby intensify as cold air advection digs the upper trough, amplifying the ridge, but both solutions are viable, albeit unusual. I think a compromise between the two current solutions is probably fair, with this very grey area resulting from intermittent sampling.

Thanks. Just going to sit back and watch this evolve.

Sounds like Alek took a "vacation" so to speak. Don't blame him, he was looking pretty good to get something decent on Tuesday.

I would pull for the heaviest amounts to lay down from the Quad Cities to Chicago proper. There is definitely some areas that have been skirted by heavy amounts this winter. Of course mother nature has the final say so.

Yeah it's fairly similar, noise level changes really.  I guess it's a pretty good sign it's in decent agreement with the op.  If I were to pick one neg with this system, is it's looking like a relatively narrow corridor of heavy snows.  Would feel a little more at ease if we were dealing with a wider swath, but it is what it is.  

That seems to be the trend as of late....

GFS is back a bit north and low tracks just south of STL down the Ohio River and up to southern PA. Still relatively weak compared to what was shown this time yesterday. Heaviest band is 3-5" along the MI-OH border region.

To be honest, I'm not too excited about this storm. It's almost spring and I've thrown the towel on the remainder of this winter.

Anyways, welcome to the board. Glad that there's another member in my county. :)

Archived