Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Snow to ice to wind driven rain discussion/obs 2/23-2/25 SNE CNE NNE

Ginx snewx

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ha, been a while since i've personally seen a good ole fashioned WINDEX whiteout -

Last one I've seen was Jan. 28, 2010 and it was a good one.  It was also the last truly wintry precip of the 2009-10 season here.  The 4:1 slushgobs of late Feb don't qualify.

Second half is only a week old, and that wasn't proclaimed as an excellent stretch. 

Halfway point for snowfall here is about Feb 1, and Feb 23 is around the 70% mark for avg snow YTD.  If we're at 70% of the final 15-16 total, it will finish 33-34" BN and only an inch or two above my least snowy of 18 winters, 2005-06.

Clouds are thickening here in AUG, but dews are near 10F so initial light precip won't reach the ground.

Last one I've seen was Jan. 28, 2010 and it was a good one.  It was also the last truly wintry precip of the 2009-10 season here.  The 4:1 slushgobs of late Feb don't qualify.

Second half is only a week old, and that wasn't proclaimed as an excellent stretch. 

Halfway point for snowfall here is about Feb 1, and Feb 23 is around the 70% mark for avg snow YTD.  If we're at 70% of the final 15-16 total, it will finish 33-34" BN and only an inch or two above my least snowy of 18 winters, 2005-06.

Clouds are thickening here in AUG, but dews are near 10F so initial light precip won't reach the ground.

That was an epic WINDEX       What a beast    Late Feb that year was pretty good for me.  2 10"+ events, although the first ended as heavy rain

Archived