joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow to ice to wind driven rain discussion/obs 2/23-2/25 SNE CNE NNE

Ginx snewx

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish there was a colder pool that we could work with. This season the southern stream just overwhelms us with warmth

as far as snow goes but I think the Ageostrophic flow might be stronger than depicted as posted by Will and Scooter. That's a damn cold air mass in Eastern Canada with isoballaric sag all the way down to the low center. This could be quite the ice storm and you might just be on the southern fringe.

as far as snow goes but I think the Ageostrophic flow might be stronger than depicted as posted by Will and Scooter. That's a damn cold air mass in Eastern Canada with isoballaric sag all the way down to the low center. This could be quite the ice storm and you might just be on the southern fringe.

very very roughly Dave, something like this

2016-02-22%2022.43.56.png

2016-02-22%2022.47.20.png

I'll probably duck out of work early to make as much distance as I can before the snow.  Too bad I need to come back in pre-dawn tomorrow.  It might be a little slick.

OT--it is now official that I'm staying on at Suffolk permanently.  I'll now be in Boston a few days a week for the duration.

I'll probably duck out of work early to make as much distance as I can before the snow.  Too bad I need to come back in pre-dawn tomorrow.  It might be a little slick.

OT--it is now official that I'm staying on at Suffolk permanently.  I'll now be in Boston a few days a week for the duration.

Congrats Mike, best of luck, got the generator working?

Amazing how different the Euro is from mesos. Some of the mesos are close to warning criteria.

I still think something like 2-3" is good for most of SNE away from the torch spots on the Cape and parts f the south coast.

RGEM wasn't too bad of a compromise. Some of the less bullish models weaken that batch of precip considerably as it nears the s coast around 00z. Might be tough to be bullish...but at the same time...it wouldn't shock me either.

RGEM wasn't too bad of a compromise. Some of the less bullish models weaken that batch of precip considerably as it nears the s coast around 00z. Might be tough to be bullish...but at the same time...it wouldn't shock me either.

The defined warm front at 850 seems to be on most guidance now.

Rgem is definitely a decent compromise. Like 2-3" for most. That's what I'm thinking. Probably most of that occurs in a 2-3 hour burst as the ML warm front lifts through. Just north of that probably sees some decent rates briefly.

Archived