joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow to ice to wind driven rain discussion/obs 2/23-2/25 SNE CNE NNE

Ginx snewx

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely moderate snow falling under this nice upslope band. This is about as textbook of an upslope radar as you'll ever see around here. It's been a while since we've seen anything like this.

The ground is now white. Maybe we can pull off a nice surprise if we can keep this up for a while?

post-48-0-24781000-1456462952_thumb.png

Definitely moderate snow falling under this nice upslope band. This is about as textbook of an upslope radar as you'll ever see around here. It's been a while since we've seen anything like this.

The ground is now white. Maybe we can pull off a nice surprise if we can keep this up for a while?

Yea, it was pretty perfect for WMA amd SVT.

Looks like it kept going to around 330 for my area. Snuck in 3" new. Not bad.

2.06" of rain from the system.

We had just under an inch on the front end, went to zero, got 2 on the back end.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

If you started with 0", got 10" on the front end then flipped to tropical rain and lost it all and then flipped back to snow and got 1" on the back end, that would be a net gain of 1".

Yea, it was pretty perfect for WMA amd SVT.

Looks like it kept going to around 330 for my area. Snuck in 3" new. Not bad.

2.06" of rain from the system.

Nice...only about 1.2" here, most of which has already melted due to the high sun angle and lack of existing snow pack. We also wasted some of it as rain/snow mix and non-accumulating snow early on. I saw Woodford had 4.5" at 2.3K on WeatherNet6. 

If you started with 0", got 10" on the front end then flipped to tropical rain and lost it all and then flipped back to snow and got 1" on the back end, that would be a net gain of 1".

lol I'm thinking he knows that.

Picked up 2.2" here on the backside.  Around 4" increase on the seasonal total from this event, over 2" of rain, and really no change in snow depth with 2-3" on the ground before and after the event.

Archived