joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential major winter storm - Feb 24-27

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See if we can get some consistency into tonights runs and then we can hopefully pull baby steps to the NW going forward.. Been awhile since Madison or Milwaukee backed in to a storm..liked this one from the start for Chicago if it threaded the needle which is looking more and more like a likely scenario

What's the modeled area now? Have the big 3 come in to some agreement on placement.. I'm only following the gfs as southern wi hasn't been in the running for this one so I'm not all in with all the models and just wanted to concentrate on how the gfs performs ..

Lots of moving pieces but in order to pound Chicago it was pretty easy to see how the pieces had to be put together to get a warning event on the gfs.

If I remember the msp storm didn't follow the "theme" of winter?

Let's keep in mind the theme of the winter for the storms to end up a little southeast of the modeled track. Important for those on the east edge of the heavy snow area.

I'll root for that. Last storm was a good example.

Starting to run out of excuses though I won't throw in the towel for at least another 24 hours.

NAM gunna NAM, either this will correct back southeast like almost every storm this winter or continue to trend NW. I don't see the current area being the bullseye.

As stated earlier in the thread, when the NAM gets really amped up, it's a very good sign that the storm will be one to reckon with.

So there's that going for whoever ends up in the heavy snow axis.

Archived