wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Potential major winter storm - Feb 24-27

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little colder at the surface for YYZ this run. Would imply more snow. The map Hillsdale posted seems to confirm that but what a tight gradient.

that's the 12z this is the 18z.    Not that either is correct but the 18z tells the story that if you're south of Michigan the track moving north out of the southern states doesn't matter as much as hoping it winds up just north or northeast and puts you into backlash.    The air mass sucks ahead of this so there is very little cold sector precip on the western edge as it comes up.   Not you, but anyone at our latitude would have to rely on the deepening storm, slowing down and pulling in the cold once it passes.  

post-622-0-04933500-1456008704_thumb.jpg

It's obviously going to change, but model spread is still decent and the ensembles from 12Z confirmed that.

Wassup SCMI bud? Liking our chances on this one. NAVGEM got off it's coastal x-fer wagon in a major way. Need this to ramp 1/2 state earlier and we got ourselves something special around here me thinks. Good Luck! :snowman:

It is having an issue with low location, trying to force one with the convection while there is a low further north.

Also, the evolution of the storm in the southern Plains is weird...compared to the other globals. NAM seems to create the storm out of the lead s/w that the GFS/EURO/UKIE don't emphasize at all. Gets the storm to same location by 84, but a little funky.

Might be warm for YYZ beyond 84 but a nice front end thump.

Also, the evolution of the storm in the southern Plains is weird...compared to the other globals. NAM seems to create the storm out of the lead s/w that the GFS/EURO/UKIE don't emphasize at all. Gets the storm to same location by 84, but a little funky.

Might be warm for YYZ beyond 84 but a nice front end thump.

Yeah I was going to say it is faster than any other model, that must be why.

My goodness, this thing is looking like a beast for my area (Hamilton, ON).  15cm already by 7am Wed. (storm is far from over at this point) on the NAM and a good setup for some lake enhancement as well...

lol, gonna be tough to get lake enhancement with 850 temps of -1c.

Also, looking at the neg tilt of the trough, the sfc low would probably head N/NNE beyond 84 and we'd torch.

Archived