• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential major winter storm - Feb 24-27

snowstormcanuck

I think central Indiana to Detroit and just east has had the best overall consensus.

Hard to go against the euro (OP and para), lining up with the gfs.   For folks further east our hopes are the ggem, (which is probably only east because it hasn't found the phase yet), and euro ens which haven't been worth anything lately.   And then of course the old lifeline of,  we're still 5 days out, and is this suddenly going to be the locked in solution?   Maybe, it happened with the MA storm.

The other thing is the storm is pretty deep, as in sub 990 as it approaches the OV, if models are over doing that, if the phase comes a little later, than that could help the east crowd too.

Of course the other option is it could even start modeling deeper with an earlier phase and end up even more west.

Last option which we've seen before.... the models suddenly lose the phase and we end up back to a strung out pos off the MA coast.

there....I think I covered it all  

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've gone negative for some reverse karma to hopefully get a big dog lol. 6z GEFS mean is east of the op but pretty good clustering NW of the mean with about 5 members that would likely entail a good hit back into at least part of the LOT CWA. 00z EPS is east of GEFS but still has several members with a SLP track through Indiana. $1 million question is whether phasing occurs between southern stream wave and lead northern stream wave and how far west this happens, plus how quickly next northern stream wave dives in. NAO is forecast to stay positive so there's nothing really forcing an eastern track.

this and this....   Congrats Indy to Detroit....      If this does happen the CMH screwhole will be complete, big dogs circled and dumped, north, south, east, and west.

Although i'd rather see you guys get it than another coaster.    JB should be an interesting read  :lol:

Wouldn't be a winter without storms missing in all directions.

this and this.... Congrats Indy to Detroit.... If this does happen the CMH screwhole will be complete, big dogs circled and dumped, north, south, east, and west.

Although i'd rather see you guys get it than another coaster. JB should be an interesting read :lol:

I'd rather see a southern slider broken up POS that misses everybody. Sorry, misery loves company!

One would think this is going to be like that 1998 storm in early March. ORD to GRR special. El Niño year. It all makes sense.

Meh individual storm tracks mean nothing. 1982-83 was destined to become the most snowless winter Detroit had ever seen then bam! March 21st snowstorm said forget that. Anyone can get a storm. And anyone can get this storm. I have absolutely no gut feeling one way or the other, I just hope it's us. We have had quite a few shovelable snows this year but not a single solitary one where the plow plows your driveway in. That happened like 8 times in 2013-14 and my back ached. I want it to ache just once this year!

Same here. That dreaded NW trend has started. No stopping it now.

2 most likely scenarios suck for us....(which I kind of always felt with this one).   Either the phase happens as shown and it's a strong cutter, rain, or the phase misses and it's the pos slider missing to the south.  

Chances of an improved phase/timing to benefit us is probably around 15%.   Indices aren't total trash for that.  Wxbell shows the Euro and Gfs have  the nao dropping very close to neutral , the ao still negative, and the pna slightly positive, right at that time frame.  Not really a strong indicator either way I guess.  

Meh individual storm tracks mean nothing. 1982-83 was destined to become the most snowless winter Detroit had ever seen then bam! March 21st snowstorm said forget that. Anyone can get a storm. And anyone can get this storm. I have absolutely no gut feeling one way or the other, I just hope it's us. We have had quite a few shovelable snows this year but not a single solitary one where the plow plows your driveway in. That happened like 8 times in 2013-14 and my back ached. I want it to ache just once this year!

Another storm that came to mine was that first day of spring storm in 96. Very similar.

These setups where very little separates bomb from turd are always tough.

If it does go nuclear, I like where I sit and if it doesnt, who cares

Yep.

Obviously, if we can get something like the GFS and EURO, I'm all for this potential storm.

Anything less (especially this late in the season), I'll pass.

Archived