joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential major winter storm - Feb 24-27

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z GEFS mean looks like it's going to be identical to the OP GFS track, just not as strong.

edit: the above is true through 102. After that, the mean starts to drift to the SE a bit. By 126 it has a 989 over Binghamton rather than in eastern Ontario like the OP. There's probably a handful of GGEM like members responsible for that.

12z UKIE looks like a carbon copy of the GFS re: track. AL/TN/MS border at 96 to east of Buffalo at 120. Only drops it to 989 though by 120, compared to sub 984 on the GFS at the same time.

GZ_D5_PN_120_0000.gif

Not quite as phased as previous runs though. If it were more phased the left turn signal would have been on.

995mb across extreme NW MS at hour 96. Probably going to be amped.

Yeah, the phase is not as fulsome as the GFS but just the southern stream portion of the storm is way more amped. Two closed contours at H5. Not sure when it'll make the turn though.

I just compared it to the GGEM at 96 and they look similar. Missing the phase initially but with a much more impressive southern stream storm.

since the nuke runs that started at 18z yesterday there has been a slow trend back southeast.   Will it continue or reverse again?   That euro run was odd.   Really strong storm in the south but I think the reason it's not cutting more north is because the ULL closes off which causes it to head more east first.   If that upper low doesn't cut off, that thing would probably cut to central IN.

Bombs away!

sfcmslpconus.png

Ends up pretty much like the GFS, only a bit slower. UKMET in agreement too though not as deep.

Went over to the NE thread just to make sure I wasn't crazy when I said it looked more similar to the GEM early on, and ORH_Wxman seems to agree. Misses the phase initially but recovers more quickly than the GGEM does.

Ends up pretty much like the GFS, only a bit slower. UKMET in agreement too though not as deep.

Went over to the NE thread just to make sure I wasn't crazy when I said it looked more similar to the GEM early on, and ORH_Wxman seems to agree. Misses the phase initially but recovers more quickly than the GGEM does.

Yeah I saw that too, looked similar but definitely phased it. I want a big phase to prove to you the GL aren't in a synoptic desert. :whistle:

Thermals manage to hang on in the GTA. 925/850mb temps remain below zero due to strong lift/saturation but sfc temps are above zero. No point in getting too invested in thermals until track is clear.

Not impossible to get a very heavy wet snowstorm at 1.0-1.5c at the surface. Assuming it's no warmer than that.

Archived