joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential major winter storm - Feb 24-27

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Btw, I am very appreciative of the posts contained herein that are most helpful in familiarizing myself with the general area, and the climatilogical tendencies unique to this particular region.

I can add a few:

1) Ann Arbor and Howell will always manage to get surprise snows in even the crappiest of patterns.

2) Mt. Pleasant and Alma are where people should move to in Michigan if they want to experience a snowless tundra.

3) If Southeastern Michigan gets a good snowstorm, West Michigan will not.

4) If Western Michigan gets a good snowstorm, southeastern Michigan will be dryslotted and get rain.

5) Poor Flint.

I can add a few:

1) Ann Arbor and Howell dmc76's location will always manage to get surprise snows in even the crappiest of patterns.

2) Mt. Pleasant and Alma are where people should move to in Michigan if they want to experience a snowless tundra.

4) If Western Michigan gets a good snowstorm, southeastern Michigan will be dryslotted and get rain.

5) Poor Flint.

fyp.

Btw, I am very appreciative of the posts contained herein that are most helpful in familiarizing myself with the general area, and the climatilogical tendencies unique to this particular region.

I might be biased but I'm liking my area in northwest IN at this point. You said you want a 12" blizzard. I don't know if the best snows end up here but areas near lake Michigan will be favored for some of the strongest winds with the long fetch down the lake.

i grew up in Ypsilanti, and my family now lives in Pinckney.

I too lived in Pinckney for a time about 25 years ago... In fact, at the old house on Farley RD I heard my crack of thunder snow. 

System looks to be locking into the region for a true share the wealth snow storm. Hoping it ruins the snow drought and makes this winter memorable than just the overabundance of warmth. The next few runs are going to draw a line in the sand....

I too lived in Pinckney for a time about 25 years ago... In fact, at the old house on Farley RD I heard my crack of thunder snow.

System looks to be locking into the region for a true share the wealth snow storm. Hoping it ruins the snow drought and makes this winter memorable than just the overabundance of warmth. The next few runs are going to draw a line in the sand....

After umpteen chemical plows, hopefully yup get a real plow

System looks to be locking into the region for a true share the wealth snow storm. Hoping it ruins the snow drought and makes this winter memorable than just the overabundance of warmth. The next few runs are going to draw a line in the sand....

curious to see what the global mods do overnight. Outside nailing the historic blizzard days in advance back in January, it seems like the models have really been all over the place on this one.

I can add a few:

1) Ann Arbor and Howell will always manage to get surprise snows in even the crappiest of patterns.

5) Poor Flint.

Thanks so much, Blackrock! Extremely helpful info. Sorry to divert the model thread, but most appreciative, nonetheless.

The NAM is like a repeat of the November storm for these parts. Lots of snow in SE Michigan, with a few sloppy inches over here. I wish it would join up with the SREFs, Euro and GFS in pounding West Michigan....but it always differs. Like the outcast child the has to rebel. We'll see if the GEM stabs it in the back and comes west soon...

The NAM is like a repeat of the November storm for these parts. Lots of snow in SE Michigan, with a few sloppy inches over here. I wish it would join up with the SREFs, Euro and GFS in pounding West Michigan....but it always differs. Like the outcast child the has to rebel. We'll see if the GEM stabs it in the back and comes west soon...

The winds will be blowing northerly for the main part of the event on your side of the lake. If anything IN should see the sloppiest snow and closer to the rain snow line.

0Z GFS is so much better for Michigan.

Don't tell me the IL crew is going to get shafted on this, I would feel horrible.

This is far from resolved for one and secondly there is no need to spike to ball if your area gets hit over another. That isn't good forum etiquette. 

Archived