SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Potential major winter storm - Feb 24-27

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's one camp of ensembles that take the low to Erie, PA, and another camp that takes it even SE of Pittsburgh.

The low itself isn't necessarily weaker though (many of the ensemble members are stronger than the OP).

Very intrigued by some of the low tracks the ensembles are showing. Too early to call but once partial sampling happens tomorrow we will know if there is in credence in these solutions....

Very intrigued by some of the low tracks the ensembles are showing. Too early to call but once partial sampling happens tomorrow we will know if there is in credence in these solutions....

And it's just one set of ensemble runs. Certainly not enough to signal a trend. 

I think the most interesting aspect of the 00z GFS ensembles is, contrary to what some said earlier, the low was actually just as stronger (or stronger on a lot of the individual members) despite the further SE track. 

Overall, a consensus of a sub-990mb low to Cleveland or Sandusky, OH has been reached for now, with a swath of heavy snow from STL to Saginaw. 

And it's just one set of ensemble runs. Certainly not enough to signal a trend.

Overall, a consensus of a sub-990mb low to Cleveland or Sandusky, OH has been reached for now, with a swath of heavy snow from STL to Saginaw.

Agree... I would be surprised as hell if a dramatic east shift say 100 miles were to actually occur at this point.

If the storm does indeed show a tendency to occlude this could lead to some cooler air filling in under the warmer layers... Could this favor freezing rain for anyone?

No, it's going to be either rain, snow, or wet snow. Highest chance for freezing rain/ice is out ahead of the system as the warm air aloft overrides the cooler air at the surface.

If the storm does indeed show a tendency to occlude this could lead to some cooler air filling in under the warmer layers... Could this favor freezing rain for anyone?

You would need a cold shallow Arctic air mass out ahead of this system.

Oh, that EURO map....I am biting my tongue and keeping the expletives in my head...just let spring start already here.

if it makes you feel any better, I would gladly let you have the 4-7" the EURO gives us. I ain't got time for that basic crap, especially as we're now headed into March.

It's the possibly of missing out on the big dog amounts the 00z and 12z run showed for you guys that scares me. Watching that happen and then having to deal with yet another Siberian air outbreak would be painful. At least after the November snowstorm, there was no blast of Siberian cold in its wake. 

Oh, that EURO map....I am biting my tongue and keeping the expletives in my head...just let spring start already here.

We can reel this one in.  ^_^

I haven't had my full fix out snow yet.

It's the most westward solutions that bring in the biggest totals.

Archived