joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential major winter storm - Feb 24-27

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SREF have been lagging indicators pretty bad this year but yeah, they look good at ORD too with tons of big dogs and only a couple clunkers sinking the mean but again, they have been useless this winter IMBY

I think in general SREFS are useless. I've been following them with every storm this year and they haven't hit well on any of them. I tossed them completely from usage.

Ratios probably won't be 10:1, so .6 would probably be around 4-5". Which would be an advisory event.

I mean I know you get excited even with dustings, but yeah, I think a good majority here don't care for advisory events. If it were up to me, I'd rather not deal with it.

Dont start taking shots at me. You and a few others tend to do that when i state a fact. I forgot how downhill weather boards have gotten. It is absolutely ridiculous that all I did was state the gfs was not nearly all rain for dtw as was stated and this crap started. I didn't say a single word about being excited for anything or wanting anything or whatever.

I like your position in this actually. These events this winter have shifted 20-30 miles NW last minute pretty much each time.

I have some cautious optimism for several inches but wide range of potential outcomes. 

SREF mean >8" here is impressive given that there are several members that miss/skirt by to the south, but I guess that's what happens when a handful of members have 18+.  Should see it tighten up over the next few runs and hopefully won't drop that mean value too much.

Hey Geos can you post the more easterly map of that. I'm intrigued by all those pinks and fuchsias descending near YYZ.

I didn't get that map from the source. 

I'll post it if I see it pop up.

---

RPM is pretty bad. 

Be mindful: The right side of the EURO snow band will have ratios lower than 10:1 for sure. It snows around 33-34° in those areas nearest to the rain.

Dont start taking shots at me. You and a few others tend to do that when i state a fact. I forgot how downhill weather boards have gotten. It is absolutely ridiculous that all I did was state the gfs was not nearly all rain for dtw as was stated and this crap started. I didn't say a single word about being excited for anything or wanting anything or whatever.

Not trying to take shots at you man, if it came off that way then I apologize. Just simply saying that no one gets excited at advisory events. If it doesn't close schools, it's not worth having.

Archived