SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Potential major winter storm - Feb 24-27

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was thinking about that January fail storm a little while ago...the one where it looked like there was going to be a changeover to significant snow but the changeover was delayed and snow amounts were pretty minor.   Step 1 is to not have a delayed changeover...if that happens then hope that low level temps will respond enough to allow for big amounts.

I think this time around temps will be a bit colder, especially in your area and in the city. I don't see anything indicating temps in the high 30s/40. I remember that event - I ended getting more than forecast.

WGN going with "likely" snow for Wednesday.

I think this time around temps will be a bit colder, especially in your area and in the city. I don't see anything indicating temps in the high 30s/40. I remember that event - I ended getting more than forecast.

WGN going with "likely" snow for Wednesday.

Good point about it probably starting cooler this time.  I remember being in the low 40s then.

For MBY, not terribly concerned about rain and I think we could be all snow.  More of a problem/question mark farther east.

It'll be interesting to see how convection in the southeast affects the track and potency of the system. Definitely an element in play when NOWcasting.

That played a part in the storm from last week. Big difference this time is that this storm is so much more dynamical aloft. I think it'll be less prone to being affected by convection.

way to go out on a limb with the bold call

Need to get to the 0z runs tonight and see more high resolution models get in range.

Early negative tilt would definitely help. Probably what the UK MET is doing. I do remember that model was the first to see the last minute NW shift on the 2/2 storm within 24 hours.

That played a part in the storm from last week. Big difference this time is that this storm is so much more dynamical aloft. I think it'll be less prone to being affected by convection.

I still think convection will play a role and pull the low east a bit. There is a MDT risk for severe weather down south tomorrow so as dynamic as this system is, the severe potential is also going sky high.

Archived