joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential major winter storm - Feb 24-27

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite a difference between the SREF and the NAM here...00z NAM has about .2 qpf while the 21z SREF mean is a shade over 1" (the ARW camp in particular is pretty jacked).  Don't really know what to make of that. 

Nice. Back up near 6" on the SREF. 

There is something very wrong with the maps on TT. It shows hours and hours of snow in NE IL on both NAM's, but no accumulation to show for it. Can't imagine its because the ground is warmer.

Nice. Back up near 6" on the SREF. 

There is something very wrong with the maps on TT. It shows hours and hours of snow in NE IL on both NAM's, but no accumulation to show for it. Can't imagine its because the ground is warmer.

I was just saying the same thing! The NAM maps are confusing me. Many areas on the western side get snow, but yet the accums. are squat.

Seriously this winter is crap.  If it's going to continue, then I wish every day was like this past Saturday.  At least we had windows open and got some Vitamin D.

/rant

Take it to the crybaby board. We've had it pretty good until this winter. First flake hasn't even fallen. Storms don't always end up IYBY. Hike up your diaper and roll on. It's embarrassing.

I was just saying the same thing! The NAM maps are confusing me. Many areas on the western side get snow, but yet the accums. are squat.

Maybe it's virga? Whatever the reason for it showing fake snow on the map, we still have 48 hours to go yet.

GFS looks like it is a tad farther NW. But it's not much.

I wish you guys well, but honestly, the RGEM has sucked big time the last couple of events.

Considering the current overall forecast consensus and what lurks in the wake of this storm (more below average cold air), a part of me is wishing this storm would just say **** it and cut over Green Bay.

But at the same time, we're in a location where any slight change can yield great things. So I still don't want to throw in the towel just yet. 

Archived