joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2016 Forecasts, Disco

snowman19

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Turned out to be hot summers, nino died out quicker those years.

I'm not on board for a hot summer but that could change...1995 and 1966 were very hot summers...add 1983 also...1998 wasn't as hot and a few others...sooner or later this warm regime with +6 months has to come to an end...

tough month for the RGEM-it has been consistently too wet.  NAM has been the better choice of late

The RGEM was fine. It backed off on the 12z run yesterday and this ended up being fairly accurate.

rgem_apcpn_neus_12.png

The 12z NAM run yesterday was a complete bust

namconus_apcpn_neus_12.png

And even the 00z run last night was terrible

namconus_apcpn_neus_8.png

Any verification on 60? People always over estimate wind. Highest gust here was 48

There's a nice wind tunnel by the ferry, the flags were almost about to get ripped off the pole.  I was running through there and just about got knocked over.

I actually felt spray from the Hudson about 200 yds away closer to my place, so that was pretty impressive too.  I thought it was raining at first.

NYC currently at the 4th warmest March with 48.6 degrees and 6th driest 1.17".

If the temperatures were normal for today through Thursday, March would finish with a +6.0° anomaly. The GFS MOS would produce a +6.1° anomaly. March has been impressively warm and it still has a shot to set a record for most days with high temperatures of 50° or above.

If the temperatures were normal for today through Thursday, March would finish with a +6.0° anomaly. The GFS MOS would produce a +6.1° anomaly. March has been impressively warm and it still has a shot to set a record for most days with high temperatures of 50° or above.

Yeah, our average temperatures since last April have been closer to normal for the area around Richmond, Virginia

instead of NYC. Sections of area saw the first East Coast 40/40 winter since Norfolk in 79-80.

Looks like my station will come in at 2nd warmest behind 2012 for past 40 years.

Really dramatic March swings in temperature and snowfall here since 2010.

The one storm that really stands out for high impact was the March 2010 windstorm.

Archived