joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2016 Forecasts, Disco

snowman19

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah unfortunately we never really got into the heavier rates like you guys did. No accumulations even on grass only on some car tops including mine lol

Had a heavier band here overhead last night from around 3-5 am where we picked up 2" during that 2 hour period ,with a 3" total ....seasonal total at 37.3".

Hope for that - EPO to come to fruition

EPS has a huge -EPO. GEFS also.

Im right at 40" even. Picked up 1.2" last night. I woke up right after that band passed by I guess

I only got 0.5. Im at 40.1 lol

Staten Island did well last night...I didn't measure but you could tell it was over two inches...

My aunt had snow on the ground. She lives near the outerbridge.

EPS has a huge -EPO. GEFS also.

I only got 0.5. Im at 40.1 lol

My aunt had snow on the ground. She lives near the outerbridge.

I didn't get the brunt of the blizzard in my area...we had mostly light to moderate snow during the day...so we had less than Central Park...we had more snow than Central Park for the other six or seven events...

Huh what? Look at the GFS. It has been consistent in showing a trough in the east. I guess everyone  is off the cold and snow train and thinks it can't snow since we are in March.

Personally, this warm weather is sickening for this time of the year. It's only early March, not April.

BUMP. Yeah, "Huh" was snowman19's reaction when I brought up that GFS was showing a snow threat around the official start of spring. Guess what, the coast saw accumulating snow. It is funny how certain people act like it can't snow in late march or early april. I know it doesn't happen very often, but it happens just enough that people shouldn't have these strange reactions when the possibility is brought up. Now snowman19 will completely rule out the possibility of snow in early april even though the models are showing a major -epo. 

BUMP. Yeah, "Huh" was snowman19's reaction when I brought up that GFS was showing a snow threat around the official start of spring. Guess what, the coast saw accumulating snow. It is funny how certain people act like it can't snow in late march or early april. I know it doesn't happen very often, but it happens just enough that people shouldn't have these strange reactions when the possibility is brought up. Now snowman19 will completely rule out the possibility of snow in early april even though the models are showing a major -epo.

-EPO automatically means snow??? You're kidding right?

-EPO automatically means snow??? You're kidding right?

Where did I say -epo automatically means snow? I think snow in early april is unlikely. I'm just saying the chance will be a little higher than usual this year due to the way the pattern looks. I bumped the post because you made it sound like I was crazy when I talked about the possibility of snow around march 20th. It snowed even at the coast. You shouldn't be so quick to dismiss long range possibilities. 

He doesnt like snow. He has been ruling out snow this whole winter.Possibility is there but nothing else.

As of 2 pm, today’s high temperature in New York City was 65° and the monthly temperature anomaly was 6.7° above normal. Assuming that the MOS forecasts are reasonably accurate, March 2016 will likely finish with a temperature anomaly of approximately 6.0° above normal.

In addition today was the 17th day this month on which the temperature reached or exceeded 50°. Should all the remaining days of March have high temperatures of 50° or above, March 2016 would record the most such high temperatures. The record is 24 such days in 2012.

March201603232016.jpg

Just as a heads up in regards to the new Euro. For those along with me who noticed it seemed to have a south and suppressed bias, it totally missed the Minneapolis snow today. The GFS probably will end up too far north but the Euro basically had zilch there until last nights run and it's still too low

Just as a heads up in regards to the new Euro. For those along with me who noticed it seemed to have a south and suppressed bias, it totally missed the Minneapolis snow today. The GFS probably will end up too far north but the Euro basically had zilch there until last nights run and it's still too low

I've heard rumors from multiple sources, that when the Euro was upgraded, it was stictly in the interests of Europe. Leaving out the US.

Dunno if I believe it or not but so far with how it's been lately, sure does raise my interests/concerns.

To be fair, the snow is straddling the city.

Archived