• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mezzanine, the 2nd installment

Typhoon Tip

I mean that office is loaded with winter weenies. So you definitely get more of a skew towards wanting snow any time, all the time. 

Connor is a good guy, I've gotten to collaborate on a few projects with him in the past couple of years. I just got a chuckle out of the AFD sounding like BTV was lining up to take turns swan diving off Whiteface.

Maybe Cartman-esque was too strong a statement, more like pure disgust with this winter so far was the tenor of that AFD.

Less winter weenies at your WFO, Don't remember who i was speaking to there a week or so back after a winter event but he asked me if i was glad it was over.......... :(

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i did offer a plausible part-n-parcel explanation.  

again ... there is literature out there about all precipitation events at all scales getting a boost toward week's end by pollution. industrial endeavors means aerosols and particulate counts are higher on thu-sun, then they are mid weeks; considering lag from the previous week.  

more efficient condensate means more latent heat release, which can have an impact on cyclone morphology and intensity when feeding that flux back into the system.  

i've read this before in theoretical tenths but i am unsure if that science was ever advanced. 

This probably shouldnt be in this thread, but since it cropped up here.....If we're getting a storm on Saturday, another part of the country is getting it on a Weekday.  Dont they have pollution elsewhere? Is this just a North East coastal phenomenon?

I mean that office is loaded with winter weenies. So you definitely get more of a skew towards wanting snow any time, all the time.

Connor is a good guy, I've gotten to collaborate on a few projects with him in the past couple of years. I just got a chuckle out of the AFD sounding like BTV was lining up to take turns swan diving off Whiteface.

Maybe Cartman-esque was too strong a statement, more like pure disgust with this winter so far was the tenor of that AFD.

Who was the guy from BTV at the conference last year? He was a real good guy.

Less winter weenies at your WFO, Don't remember who i was speaking to there a week or so back after a winter event but he asked me if i was glad it was over.......... :(

We actually have a few who legit hate it (why apply in the first place?)

Ekster and I are definitely more of the 12/1 to 2/28(29) snowfall then torch for golf reasons.

I know we could use a slam dunk event if only to help bump verification stats up before the season is done.

We actually have a few who legit hate it (why apply in the first place?)

Ekster and I are definitely more of the 12/1 to 2/28(29) snowfall then torch for golf reasons.

I know we could use a slam dunk event if only to help bump verification stats up before the season is done.

Season as seasons, I move on when its time, But living here all my life, I enjoy them all for what they have

Can't happen, tenor of the season, just draw the shades.

Hey man you were just as salty back in 2011-2012 with the comments about how much winter has sucked.  Not just you but everyone (except Pete).

But this is our 2011-2012.  It wasn't a problem back then to b*tch apparently because everyone in SNE was in the same boat.

This was about the time of year everyone was throwing in the towel, rooting for futility, jumping from buildings.  It happens.  Scooter wasn't sure his unborn son would ever see snow.

Brooke, another winter weenie.

Taber and Lahiff are two of the bigger ski/snowboard weenies there but there are a bunch more.  It really is a winter lovers office (except for Nittany who took a job down in D.C.).

Both of them are really good guys too, great skier.  Good NWS talent...but yeah there's a reason you can find whole AFD's targeted on the mountains where no one lives with not much talk about the valleys, lol.   The only office I've seen the phrase "break out the rock skis" or "lifts may be on wind hold" or "should be great for snowmaking at the local resorts", etc.  Often references to skiing and riding in there.

Hey man you were just as salty back in 2011-2012 with the comments about how much winter has sucked. Not just you but everyone (except Pete).

RIP Messenger...

post1.jpg

But this is our 2011-2012. It wasn't a problem back then to b*tch apparently because everyone in SNE was in the same boat.

This was about the time of year everyone was throwing in the towel, rooting for futility, jumping from buildings. It happens. Scooter wasn't sure his unborn son would ever see snow.

Notice I haven't busted your chops. I never felt so down that winter and into Dec 2012. I wish that on nobody.

Notice I haven't busted your chops. I never felt so down that winter and into Dec 2012. I wish that on nobody.

Yeah man, I know you know what its like after a while.  Back then any fantasy Day 6-7 storm in the Model/Banter/Discussion thread is crapped on immediately, up here we do the same this season.

Anyway this is going to go way off topic if it isn't already. 

I just think some need to remember what was happening on the boards that winter before getting all high and mighty when folks express some displeasure in a winter that has every metric so far of being in the bottom barrel of winters unless something changes rapidly. 

Haha oh how the tides turn.  Mother Nature likes to even it out eventually.  I love snowman21's response here.  Half of you guys were going to murder me like I feel sometimes if the Cape gets another blizzard, lol.

The thing with "Tendencies" is that why should we use them?

Last year everything went right before 3 weeks and then it changed in late Feb/Mar....in 2011 we had epic January and early February, then it changed....in 2006-2007 we had a deplorable first half and then it changed. In 2012-2013 we had an awful first half (on the coast anyway, not interior) and then it changed.

Archived