• Last Reply

My measures

6pm 3.75"

12am 3.75"

6am 9.5"

11am 13"

6pm 9.25"

Total 39.25"

Not sure I can get that last 0.75" looking at radar but we will see.

Pretty much in line with a lot of the model forecasts. I would have never believed it possible.

That is absolutely insane. Definitely the storm of a lifetime out your way. Amazing.

Officially the largest storm IMBY since Feb 2003.

9:35am - snowfall begins

10:35am - 0.5"

11:35am - 1.25"

12:35pm - 2.5"

1:35pm - 3.0"

2:35pm - 3.25"

3:35pm - 4.0"

cleared

5:00pm - 5.5"

5:30pm - cleared due to sleet

7:20pm - 5.75"

8:20pm - 5.75"

11:55pm - 6.5"

cleared

1:10am - 6.75"

9:45am - 7.5"

cleared

12:45pm - 8.25"

1:30pm - 8.75"

2:10pm - 9.25"

3:10pm - 10.25"

cleared

4:10pm - 12.5"

5:45pm - 14.75"

Balt city and north folks - measuring is such a challenge but i think I picked up 3 inches between 4 and 6 pm and stand at 27 inches now - in range for what you all have? Reporting from Roland park area of balt city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds about right... I measured 25.5 around 4:30 or so.

At this point I'm just going to go with 30" unless someone can prove it wrong. Which would be hard to do. I've gotten 2" in the last 2 hours. And it keeps snowing

I fell asleep for a while (finally crashed) and when I woke up my cleared areas had a new 4.5 inches on them. I cleared them again and a little while ago measured another 2. That would bring me to 25.5" but you also are farther west and had that mega band for hours earlier. 

Add in that I might be slightly higher than 25.5 and I'd say you're probably accurate in that 29-31 range perhaps. And it's not done yet...I'll say i'll probably add another inch or two. 

6:00 Update

Mod Snow

25 degrees

38 inches total accum

4 inches in last 3 hours

My neighborhood has transformed into something I have never seen before. It looks like a science station in Antarctica or something. There is the occasional neighbor out trying to shovel or use a snow blower. But overall, people just seem to be accepting the fact that they are not going anywhere for days. Cars are worthless. Just hunks of metal sitting in a stationary place for an indeterminate amount of time. The front of my house reminds me of the picture posted by a NY administrator in the banter thread the other day. The picture depicted a frozen wasteland and he was joking about us. 

This storm has reached new levels of incredible to me. The shear power of mother nature is both humbling and awe inspiring. I have a ton of work to do tomorrow starting to dig out and get my life back to some semblance of normalcy. In the mean time, tonight, I will just sit by the fireplace and tip my glass of scotch to the Great Blizzard of 2016. She has certainly earned her name.

Archived