joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Jan 22-24 "The NortheastPAWx Special" storm obs/banter

canderson

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radar appears to be getting spotty, with holes of lighter intensity showing up in the precip shield. Is that evidence of more banding features setting up? Right now we have the lightest snow we've had since I woke up at 4am.

11.25" at the moment, but we sure aren't piling it up like we were before.

Right around 11" with continued light to occasionally moderate snow. Haven't seen the big time rates to get this to Feb 2010 around here but it's still the biggest storm since then and considering the insane gradient I'm grateful to be a part of the decent snows. 

But seriously that stuff in the Sus Valley is insane right now. 

10:30 update...have had another 1.5" past 30 minutes, now up to 25.0".  Snowing 3"/hr continues!!!!  I can see 30" just down the road...

10:30 update...have had another 1.5" past 30 minutes, now up to 25.0".  Snowing 3"/hr continues!!!!  I can see 30" just down the road...

Those 40 inch Nam totals might have a chance to verify somewhere.

I have to sheepishly report that it is snowing lightly just south of Ocala here in Florida.

my measurements in what looked to be not impacted by wind ranged from 21-24"... so almost a foot in the past 3-4 hours... crazy how HRRR was showing that for here last night between 8-11 am

my measurements in what looked to be not impacted by wind ranged from 21-24"... so almost a foot in the past 3-4 hours... crazy how HRRR was showing that for here last night between 8-11 am

I just came in from snow blowing, my measurements varied too, from 20-27, it's damn impossible to measure.

I had icicle in my moustache

Archived