joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Jan 22-24 "The NortheastPAWx Special" storm obs/banter

canderson

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, just measured at 1:00pm...added another 2.0" in the past hour and have now reached 31.0"  Past 2 hours have averaged 2.5"/hour.  Latest radar shows a diminishing of the intensity over us at least for now.  I'm rooting for 36, which seems doable between now and 8pm.  Glad to see other LSV members coming in with mid to upper 20's as well.  That last accumulation map was just priceless, with even a 36-48" coloring between me and Cashtown.  It'll probably be a really long time, if ever, before we witness these kinds of accumulations again (at least locally here).  Also, winds picked up and just gusted to 26, which is the peak of the day so far here.  Temp 22.7.

Definitely have hit 34" here although the wind has started blowing and so it has stopped showing accumulation over the last half-hour/hour. Still looking like 1-2 inch an hour rates. First time it has let up at all since 8am. Had to attach another ruler to the top of the yard stick as we are nearing the end so the top of the ruler in the picture would be 46 inches.

post-5113-0-83432500-1453573639_thumb.jp

I would love a radio show right now to tell us why the NAM was right!

Awesome a day to remember and the NAM was pretty much in line with what is happening.

Enjoy it all potential for yet another coastal late next week.

Yeah, I have a feeling this isn't it for us. Still a lot of winter left and the two snowiest months of the season to come. This one may finish in historic fashion.

We have enough snow out there that we could bury Eskimo Joe and nobody would know until late Spring... But I'm glad we all tapped out on Tuesday.

He's been posting down in the MA forum...guess he doesn't feel safe coming in here. 

I don't know him from Adam, but I think he really knows his stuff. His main problem is that he lets his inner weenie get to him and he flips and quits on things far too quickly for a pro forecaster. If he keeps a level head he provides really good insight. I miss his perspective to be honest. 

Archived