joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Jan 22-24 "The NortheastPAWx Special" storm obs/banter

canderson

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure how people are reporting 23" in LNS.

I have about 27" now.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Agreed.  I've surely got that much.  Just unstuck my snowmobile...in the yard no less.  Serious drifts.  

btw...still snowing...looks like another 1-2 before it tapers.

Congrats to everyone and hope the next one gets those who missed out today.

Looking forward to tracking again...

Nut

Well, looks like I'm going to just fall short of the 36" finish line.  Unless some rogue band forms unexpectedly, I'm going to finish up close to 35"...officially, picked up 0.3" between 5:00 and 6:00 to bring my storm total to 34.8".  It's snowing very lightly right now, so perhaps I make pick up another tenth or two.

The whole day has been surreal.  I was telling my weather friend back in north Jersey that if I were 10 years younger I'd probably have conked out hours ago.  I know how crazy I was for Jan '96.  I think I only slept 3 hours that night and was on the phone every hour with a half-dozen of my wx buds.  Internet tech back in 1996 was like in its infancy, so there was a lot more talking on the phone without the internet access of today.

Congrats to the other members of the over 30 club.  It's pretty sweet if I do say so myself.

And finally, Canderson, that last post of yours looks like you've been imbibing a bit much??

Well, looks like I'm going to just fall short of the 36" finish line.  Unless some rogue band forms unexpectedly, I'm going to finish up close to 35"...officially, picked up 0.3" between 5:00 and 6:00 to bring my storm total to 34.8".  It's snowing very lightly right now, so perhaps I make pick up another tenth or two.

The whole day has been surreal.  I was telling my weather friend back in north Jersey that if I were 10 years younger I'd probably have conked out hours ago.  I know how crazy I was for Jan '96.  I think I only slept 3 hours that night and was on the phone every hour with a half-dozen of my wx buds.  Internet tech back in 1996 was like in its infancy, so there was a lot more talking on the phone without the internet access of today.

Congrats to the other members of the over 30 club.  It's pretty sweet if I do say so myself.

And finally, Canderson, that last post of yours looks like you've been imbibing a bit much??

I felt the same thing in the 1996 storm. Was a young 25 year old then.

This will be my last post, but I wanted to show my time lapse and 2 more pictures I shot.

This time lapse is from 8 am this morning when I had measured 16.5" all the way until almost sun down when we were approaching 36".

This is a pic out the back door...keep in mind the step is about 8" off the ground.

post-5113-0-67941100-1453593675_thumb.jp

There is our amazing shelf of snow going all the way to the buried swing set.
post-5113-0-40985400-1453593725_thumb.jp

Literally could not make it back out to make another measurement but think we must have picked up another 0.5"which would put us at 37.5" total here.

Just no words...

Finished up with 20.5 inches here in Tamaqua. Although I am quite pleased with what we got and how we got there, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous of you guys with you're 30+ inch totals.

Congrats to all who did well and got what they hoped for. Me? All I wanted was a double digit snowfall and I got it and then some.

I do feel bad for Williamsport and NortheastPAWx. I've been there and done that and it does sting somewhat, which is why I tried to keep my excitement in check when posting reports.

Enjoy, and happy shovelling!!!

Archived